[The Greatest Showman AU] Noah's Ark Circus

Vincent sat at his makeshift desk staring at the long line of individuals. His advertisements in the paper, and the posters he'd hung around town, had worked! People of all sorts had come to his (recently purchased) building! His dream was bearing fruit. In no time at all he'd be selling tickets and creating a place for the misfits. Most importantly: he'd be making money. 

"So, what do you do?" Vincent asked. 

"I can juggle and do slight of hand tricks," the ginger with an artificial limb replied.

"Magic? Great!" Vincent smiled and pointed to his partner in crime, Angelina, for her to write him on the 'ok' list. The next individual walked up to the desk.

"I can tame animals," the woman said. 

"But can you tame tigers?" Vincent asked.

"I can tame anything," she replied, "I have a way with cats especially."

"Fantastic!" he pointed to Angelina again and the next individual walked up.

"I, uh, I can sing?" this person's hair was a bright shade of red and incredibly long. Vincent hadn't seen another person with hair like Angelina's before. He smiled. The male before him blushed and looked at the ground. He scratched his arm nervously. 

Vincent stood up and grabbed his hands, "Would you hate to wear dresses? I don't think there is an outfit under the sun that would do you justice if it didn't at least have a skirt. You're too beautiful for pants! Ah, but, please don't be offended by my asking..."

"No offense taken, I'd actually prefer that," he smiled to reveal his abnormally sharp teeth. Vincent smiled back and, once again, pointed to Angelina. The woman shook her head but added him to the list. She always knew Vincent was crazy, but now he just seemed insane.

Vincent continued to converse with the people waiting in his long line. He didn't seem to turn many of them away. He had so many performers to advertise now! So many ideas burst through his head! The only problem he had now was getting it all to work smoothly. His new crew followed his every order to get his (recently bought) ex-museum fixed up and turned into a place for show business. No act was a bad act! No individual too weird or too abnormal! Everyone was welcome. And then, the night of their first show came to be.

"Places everyone!" Vincent clapped his hands and gave out orders. This was their first night! It had to be perfect! "Wendy and Peter, be careful out there! Black and Suit, if you two get into a fight, I'm finishing it! Doll and Smile, you're looking fantastic! Dagger, I know you're tempted, but please don't throw knives at Black again." Vincent tried his best to calm everyone's nerves but he knew that they'd be freaking out until their first performance was over. Vincent stopped walking when he reached Grell. He paused and kissed Grell's hand, "I don't care what anyone tells you, you're the most beautiful creature anyone will ever meet, Madame Red." Grell smiled in response.

Vincent grabbed his cane and top hat and left to greet the crowd. The people silenced and watched. They didn't know what to expect but they certainly couldn't have expected what they were about to see.

"Welcome one, welcome all, I'm about to show you the greatest show you've ever seen!" He bowed to the crowd and outstretched his hand to the people entering the ring one by one. Each act gave a glimpse of what they'd do later. Vincent introduced them and the show continued. The crowd laughed when they needed to, cried when the needed to, and were shocked when they needed to be. Everything was just as Vincent had planned it; however, he sensed it would not remain that way for long. 

The next morning Angelina walked into his office and slammed a newspaper down on his desk, "What are you going to do about this?" she asked. There was an article written by a famous critic: Diedrich. It was not in favor of Vincent's new business, to say the least.