10

~ 1 week later ~

Brad isn't my best friend anymore.

He doesn't speak to me.

Nobody's seen him in days.

I saw him leave his house with an overnight bag and he hasn't returned, to across the street, yet.

I still talk with the other boys and have built strong friendships with them all, especially James, but I miss my best friend.

James has postponed his party to tomorrow night because Brad left the night it was meant to be held... ; the day he stormed out of costa.

Brad and I have been inseparable for as long as I can remember but now I feel like we couldn't be further apart.

"Lils you seem distracted. Are you ok?" Jack looked at me concerned, stroking my hand.

Did I mention Jack is my 'boyfriend' now?

Well we've been on a couple of dates and he has used the "G" word so I'm assuming we are together.

I really like Jack..

"I'm fine yeah sorry, just worried.." I squeezed his hand back.

"About Brad." He muttered not even forming it into a question, he knew it was the truth.

"I just want to make sure he's ok, you know? Just that he's not hurt and he's safe." I sighed, putting my head in my hands.

"I understand Lils but could we try to enjoy this evening out please?" He smiled a cute dimple smile at me, but all I could think about was Brad.

Brad used to put his hand on mine when I was worried.

Brad used to make me smile just by showing his dimples.

Brad calls me Lils... only Brad.

"Lils? Are you going to finish your sundae or just stare at it?" Jack laughed.

"Oh umm sorry." I scratched my head and looked at the floor.

Hearing him calling me Lils now made me irritated and I don't know why.

I kept silent for a while, listening to Jack babble on, mindlessly chatting away.

"We need to find him." I burst out and I noticed his jaw clench.

"He's fine. He's not 12. Do you hear yourself..., do you know how silly you sound Lily May?" he huffed, tugging a hand through his soft hair.

"No Jack I'm not being stupid. I know Brad better than I know myself and when he is pissed there is no limit to what he could do."

He started to get up and I let him.

"You seem to care about Brads safety more than the 'us' we have going on. Call me when you find him, I'll be happy for you, but I'm not searching for your loveable rogue." he muttered quietly and left the restaurant.

I quickly got out my phone and dialled.

"Carly are you free to come on a little 'where's Brad' trip?..."

I just can't believe Jack won't support me on this.

"I cant. I'm out with Connor and... and I don't think I'll be available until tomorrow." Carly stuttered down the phone before giggling at someone on her end.

"Ok." I ended the call disappointedly.

I guess it's just me then.

-

JAMES POV

"Sorry you didn't get the girl mate." Tristan patted me on the back before getting up and pouring two glasses of water.

"But that's no reason to drown your feelings in alcohol."

I just grunted in acknowledgement and took the drink.

My head was throbbing and I felt like I was going to throw up all of my insides.

"Why did you think that getting wasted at a club would bring Lily back to you man? stop feeling sorry for yourself and make a change." Tristan sighed. "you barely know her anyways, think what Brads going through..."

"Don't mention that low-life bastard again!" I stood up angrily and instantly regretted it as the room began to spin.

"Sit down."

"He's a dick. He never deserved Lily's friendship and he's wrecked the band at the moment to be honest." I shouted at Tristan, though I shouldn't because it's not him I'm mad at.

"And that Jack isn't any better, he's using Lily I can just see it!"

"Mate... can we stop worrying about how Brad AND Jack have 'screwed you over' and ruined your "chance" with Lily and start working out what we are gonna do now?" Tristan sighed worriedly.

I jumped at the sound of frantic knocking at the door.

I tried to get up to open it but Tris pushed me back down onto the couch.

"Your still out of it, I'll answer the door."

He ran and opened it, by his face dropping I knew he had hopped it would be Brad coming back from his little strop.

He spent a while at the door, talking and every so often biting his thumb anxiously. Eventually he opened the door fully and walked back towards me... Lily hot on his heels.

"I need to find him and you are the only people I can count on at the moment." she panted, obviously out of breath.

"Did you run here?" I said groggily, still feeling the effects of booze-overdose.

She nodded her head slowly.

"Yes but what's important right now is finding Brad.... my Brad."

.

.

Hope you enjoyed xxx love ya baes

So are you 'shipping Jily (James and Lily) or Ladley (Brad and Lily) ? Xxx

Or, completely out there.... what about Lack (Jack and Lily) :/ xxx hmmm