Chapter Twelve

Mason's POV

I bit my lip, sitting up slightly. I looked around the room Zayn was letting me borrow, and sighed. The guilt I had for taking up so much space was killing me. He was always so nice, and I was taking that for granted.  I stood up, slowly making my way out the doors. My legs felt weak, I hadn't really gotten up out of bed to do more than walk to the bathroom in three days.

I heard everyone talking about something, and heard Rhiannon and Harry's names, so I assumed it was about them leaving for Cheshire. They were telling Harrys parents about the baby and visiting for a week. I was going to miss Rhi and HazzieBoo, but I know that Haz and Rhi would both beat my ass if they knew I hadn't been eating. 

"Yeah, I don't know if we should tell them or not. They'll worry." Someone said, and I think it was Lou.

"What do we say when they get back?" That was definitally Lou.

"Guys, shut up."  I froze, hearing Niall's voice. I turned, but I knew Kris saw me.

"Hey, I'm glad to see you up." She said, and I sighed, turning back around and walking slowly down.

"Goodmorning, love." Liz said, and I frowned.

"You look like poop." Lou said, peeking at me a second before looking back down at his breakfast.

"LOUIS TOMLINSON!" Liz scolded, and I gave them both a weak smile.

"Uh. Hi." I mumbled, avoiding Niall's eyes.

"Can we talk?" Niall said, biting his lip and looking at me. My heart raced, the little pieces of it were freaking out. I nodded slowly, biting my cheek so hard I tasted blood. Niall nodded towards the hallway, and I followed him out.

"I'm sorry." He breathed, and I nodded slowly again.

"Do you have anything to say?" He asked, and I finally looked up at his eyes. They were just as bloodshot as mine were, dark circles under them. He looked as horrible I asumed I did.

"Not really. I can't think of anything I need to say." I mumbled, my voice scratchy. 

"I really want to talk about this." He said, and so many things rushed to my mind that I wanted to say. No matter what, I wanted to tell him how much I loved him, I wanted to kiss him and hug him and love him, but I knew I couldn't. Elizabeth has no idea, and he really doesn't love me. I screwed it up.

"I do too. But I don't know what to say." I said, turning back around and walking back into Zayn's flat, walking back upstairs and into my little bed. I set my head down, tears pouring out my eyes once again.

"Mase? What happened?" Zayn asked, walking in and sitting on the bed beside me. 

"I'm stupid. Very stupid." I mumbled, sniffling and hugging the blanket tightly.

"No you're not. What happened?" He asked, and I sighed, sitting up and frowning.

"He gave me another chance. I didn't take it." I said, my bottom lip shaking.

"Mason, he would give you a thousand chances." Zayn said, hugging me and kissing my cheek lightly.

"No he wouldn't. I'm not worth those chances." I said, hugging him back.

"Mason, he loves you more than anything. He would take you back if you'd let him." He told me, leaning back. I frowned, my head hitting the pillow once again.

"No, he wouldn't. I'm too dumb for this crap." I mumbled, rubbing my eyes.

"Mason! Get up and go talk to him." Zayn said, and I groaned.