The Beginning

There I was in my mothers womb, soaking up all of the drugs and alcohol that she was putting in her body. Everyone told her that she shouldn't drink nor smoke while pregnant, but did she listen? No.

She never listened.

Especially when everyone told her not to get knocked up at such a young age. She was fifteen when she had my older sister Caitlin with a man named Robert, who obviously didn't stick around. Now, two years later here I am. Kicking the insides of her stomach, in hope of getting out of here. Of course my mother was with a new man, which was also my father, his name being David.

After, nine months of being in her womb. I was born March 7, 1999. I was a pretty baby, or so they say. Some days I'd be laying beside of a baby doll and people thought that I was the baby doll. I guess I was like any normal infant. Trips to the pool, eating pudding, being held by strangers, and being "Awed" at when my parents and I would walk by.

Eight months had passed, my parents and I were in our local laundry mat. We were washing our clothes, when suddenly an older couple and a young teen had approached us. The woman said, "Awe, what a beautiful baby. I love babies, I just wish I had one around this small all I have around now is my granddaughter Misty.". My mother then said, "Thank you so much.", to make long story short somehow they exchanged numbers, and not even a couple of weeks later I was being transferred from house to house. On weekdays I'd be with my parents and on weekends, when my parents wanted to go out, I'd be with the older couple.

Months had passed with this being the weekly routine. My parents somehow were put into a "tight spot" financially and asked the older couple if they would like to keep me permanently. They immediately answered with a "Yes."

Around 2003, was when the adoption was finalized. My last name changed from Harrison to Abshire.

Destiny Heaven LaShae Abshire, has a good ring to it, I suppose.