The Finding

I thought my new school was great, although we didn't have air conditioning.

My classmates would pick on me constantly for multiple reasons I was the "new girl", my freckles, I was chubby, I sniffled too much, and because my name was Destiny they thought I had a child because of the music group Destiny's Child.

One day, when I was in second grade. I was in the cafeteria and I heard this little voice yell "Sissy, hey you guys that's my sister.", by surprise the young girl was pointing at me. I went to my principal and my parents confused. They had called the little girl into the office and she got in trouble for saying this. She didn't know that she was doing anything wrong, after all I really was her sister. Everyone had knew that I was adopted except for me. I later found out that my older sister went to my school too.

At nine years old was when my outlook on everything changed. My parents had just moved to another house, and most of our stuff was still packed up in a room. For some reason, I liked to climb on the boxes that our stuff was in. I did so with one my friends. We started looking through the stuff, and that's when I came across a black box that you would file papers in. I opened the box to find the papers that had answered all of my questions. I then knew that I was adopted.

After this I became distant with everyone, even with my adoptive parents.