Him

After, Darlene had passed away things kinda stayed the same. I mean of course Brenda and I still didn't get along, but at least we would try (or at least I would). I would try and be the best kid that I could be. I already wasn't allowed to go anywhere, hangout with friends, have a phone, or have any type of social media. The only things I was actually allowed to do was chores; wash dishes, clean, dust, walk the dog, take the trash out, clean up after her grandsons, and I even had to clean up her grandson's vomit among other things. Did anyone help me do these things? No, but I guess you can say that I was use to it.

I had started my first day at our local high school, and that summer Brenda and I had applied to a different school where the "bad kids" go. In school I would walk through the hallways struggling to find my way around but I eventually did. I liked my classes, and I liked how I had most of my classes with my friends. Then it all changed, I was called down to the guidance office, and they had an opening at the "bad school", the counselor and already spoken with Brenda about it and I was to go there the next day and start school there instead of going to the school with my friends. The reason that Brenda and I had applied for the "bad school", was because she found out that my older sister went to the local high school, and Brenda did not want me anywhere near her.

I went to the "bad school" the next day and I walked into class and I actually knew some of the kids. I went into my history/geography class and I was puzzled as to where I could sit. "It's okay Destiny, you can have a seat next to Hunter. He won't bite.", the teacher said. I looked at the boy that she was pointing to and had a seat next to him, and we introduced ourselves. A couple days later was when I passed a note to him saying "Hey, you're kinda cute.". Not sure what he said back, but a couple weeks later we started "dating". I never really considered it as dating because I couldn't go anywhere, and I could barely talk to him on Brenda's phone. Hunter and I didn't even really speak much in school and when we did it was kind of awkward. I hugged him once and held his hand under the table in class when we would watch movies. He was the first boy that I had ever cried on, and the only reason I was crying was because of the movie The Last Samurai.

I honestly thought I was in love with Hunter. Whenever we did talk, he made me feel special and happy. Which was a weird feeling considering I hadn't felt like that in a while.