Surprise

The next morning, me & Meredith decided to go over to the twins' house. Bad idea or good idea, we were lonely and wanted people to hang out with.

i shoot Gray a text and ask him if it's okay if we come over. To my surprise, he says sure.

"Throw some clothes on, Gray said he didn't care." I tell Meredith as I put clothes on myself.

I put on some comfy pajama pants, since I had booty shorts on before, and a big t-shirt. Meredith leaves her Nike shorts on and throws on a long sleeve t-shirt over her sports bra. We both pull our hair up into messy buns and slide on our Nike slides. 

We go to walk out the front door and I realize I forgot my phone. 

"Shoot, my phone. Be right back." I inform Mere and run up the stairs to my room. 

When I walk in, I try to remember where I last had it. Coming to the conclusion that it was in the bathroom, I walk in and suddenly get extremely dizzy. 

"Oh no.." I think to myself. 

My breathing hitches, so I hold onto the sink as I try to catch my breath. 

Getting dizzier, I feel myself starting to fall over.

Meredith's POV 

"Did you find it?? Do I need to call it?" I yell up the stairs because MaKena is taking forever to find her stupid phone. 

No reply.

"Mak!" I scream again.

I decided to walk up the stairs to see what was taking her so dang long. 

"Mak??" I yell again. No reply, yet again.

I start to kinda freak out so I run faster up the stairs and into her room. I don't see her so I freak out to the max. 

"MaKena!" I cry. 

I looking around frantically, my eyes finding her in the bathroom in the floor. 

Panicking, I grab my phone out from my pocket and dial 911. Deep down, I knew what had happened. 

"The cancer's back." is all I could think. 

I JUST got my best friend back and I'm about to lose her again to some stupid disease. 

"911, what's your emergency?" A woman answered my phone call right away.

"M-my friend, she um, she had-has lung cancer and passed out on the bathroom floor. Please hurry, I need help!" Panic mode sets in and I scream at the lady.

"Slow down, what's the address?" She asks.

I quickly tell her where we're located and she says that she's sending an ambulance right away. 

I hang up the phone and return all my attention on MaKena. I can't think of what to do except cry. I cry until I can't breathe, then I decide to call Gray. 

"Gray! Please hurry over. Mak had another episode. I think the cancer is back. Sh-she passed out, Gray.." He immediately hangs up and  15 seconds later, he bursts into the bathroom.

"The ambulance just pulled up." He says. 

I starting sobbing into my hands and Gray picks me up, backs me up as the paramedics come in, put MaKena on a stretcher and take her out of the room. 

"Do you want to go with her?" Grayson whispers into my ear. 

"I don't think I can handle it." I cry into his shoulder. 

"Okay, we'll stay here." He tells me softly.

I'm so scared. I can't lose her again, I can't. God, please. Don't take her away from me. 

Don't let her die.