Stressed

I wake up to Ethan snoring right in my ear. Really...

I pick my phone up & see that Meredith had called me 3 times. I roll my eyes then realize that it's 9am. may as well get up, but Ethan looks so cute sleeping so I leave him alone.

I text his phone, walking out of his room, telling him I went home.

As I walk home, I see Meredith next door sitting on her front porch. She sees me & her eyes go big.

I quickly walk to my front door & walk in. I instantly hear screaming coming from upstairs, so I dart up to my moms room.

"I HATE YOU! GET OUT!" I've never seen my mom so hateful. She was yelling at my dad..

"Baby, I'm sorry. I'm here now." He tries to get close to her but she backs up with every step he takes, mimicking his moves.

"No. please just leave." My mom whispers, letting out a deep breath.

"D-dad?" I stutter.

He looks over & his face goes blood red. I slowly walk into the room & my dad starts crying.

He comes to hug me but I back away.

"You left us." I whisper, refusing to meet eye contact with him.

"No, no. I-" I cut him off.

"No, you don't get to make up excuses. You have no right to be here, begging to come back. You're not welcome here anymore. You have no idea what we've went though without you. But you wouldn't know, because you were a coward that wouldn't come back when we needed you. Now get out." As I talk, my dad's eyes tear up but I feel no sympathy for him.

"I loved you both, still do, always will. Take care, loves." He walks over to mom, who's sitting on the edge of the bed shaking. He kisses her forehead then tries to hug me.

"Go." I back away.

He does what I say & walks out.

I quickly walk over to my mom & sit beside her. She instantly falls into my arms & sobs.

"Shhh." I soothe her, rubbing my hand up & down her arm.

10 minutes after her sobbing, she falls asleep on her bed. I quietly walk out, shutting the door behind me.

I go to my room, shutting the door & locking it. I lay on my bed & decide to text Ethan.

But, of course, he had already texted me.

"Hey babygirl, I won't be able to text much today. me & Gray are doing something today. a surprise. :)"

I smile at his sweetness & then frown. now what am I going to do today?

I sit up from my bed to go shower. I walk into the bathroom & get naked.

I turn my Bluetooth speaker on & play spotify. Singing along to the music, I try to wash away all my worries in the shower.

obviously, it doesn't work very well. but I stay in the shower for probably 45 minutes, just standing there.

When I get out, I just put pajamas on. Fuzzy pants with a regular tshirt. my favorite.

I lay in bed & turn my tv on to netflix, searching for Riverdale. I click on it & resume the next episode that I'm on.

I cuddle up into my blankets, feeling the warmth they bring with them. I softly smile to myself & watch the tv.