When It Hits Close To Home

Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter. I own new spells and the lot for this story. All rights go to J.K Rowling.

I know that I said I wouldn't be updating soon, but I am so ecstatic right now! Thank you to everyone who reads this story for helping me get to 1000 reads! I really appreciate every single read! So here's a bonus chapter to say thank you! Actually... it's the real chapter here.

**************************************************************************************************************************

  Hermione's POV

   As Ginny was there in my arms, I didn't know how to react. I was in shock, and I must have had a stupid look on my face. She was there, in my arms, crying her heart out, and I was there, in shock of what she thought was happening. As soon as I regained my posture, and realized I had to keep her spirits up, I knew that I would be acting in the motherly figure until this was over. Obviously Molly would have to know about this, but she would be so disappointed in Ginny.

   I hugged Ginny really tightly, and she stayed there, crying into my chest. She looked so helpless in my arms, and I felt horrible for her. She didn't deserve this, if it were true.

  A sudden thought came into my head, and that returned me to my state of shock once again. Who was the father? Was it possible- no, Ginny wouldn't, not with him. How could this happen?

  I pulled Ginny over into my room, and sat her down on my bed.

 "Gin, do you know whose child it could be?" I asked her cautiously.

"H-Harry's..." She muttered. I gasped, my suspicions were right, but I didn't want to believe it.

 "I'm here for you, and let's just get it straightened out, you don't even know if it's true or not, this could just be a fluke." I said reassuringly. She nodded, and then started to calm down. She laid down on the bed, and closed her eyes. Once she was asleep, I went over to the couch, and laid down on it. Tomorrow was a new day, and a new chance.

**The next day, Monday**

That morning when I woke up, I didn't bother waking Ginny up, she needed to relax and calm down for a day. I, however, got up and went to class. Draco and everyone else ignored me, up until Charms class. Since he was my partner, he had to collaborate with me.

"Hi," he said coldly.

"Hello." I replied.

  He didn't talk to me for the rest of the class, and I didn't try to push him to. The whole day was uneventful, nothing really happened at all. At the end of the day, all I did was go back to the dorm, I would help Ginny, and get some homework done.

  Once I got back, I saw Ginny eating a tub of ice cream, and reading a bit. I felt bad for her, she was trappd in a pit of despair, and I wasn't sure how I could help her out.

"Gin," I said.

  She perked her head over at me, and just stared, waiting for me to say something more.

"I'll take you to St. Mungo's tomorrow for a test, if you'd like." I offered.

Ginny nodded her head, and I smiled. She then turned back to her book, and I went into my bedroom. I pulled out a few books, and started to read them and to study. I needed to make education and literacy my main priority, right? So I sat down at my desk and opened my book.

 I started to read, and before I knew it, I had fallen asleep. I'm guessing it was because I was so tired because I had trouble sleeping last night because of everything that had happened with Ginny.