The Triangle

Disclaimer:

I do not own Harry Potter. I own the plot to this story as well as any new characters and spells. All rights go to J.K Rowling.

*****************_________________*********************______________*********************_____________

Hermione's POV

  I saw Harry walk right up to Ginny and I, and I felt anger surge through me. I clenched my fists, and took a deep breath. Cool, girl, cool. I wasn't going to break and crumble, I was going to put up my best defense.

"What do you want, Potter?" I asked him, sounding annoyed. He flinched at the sound of me calling him by his last name, and then he just looked at me, with sorrow in those piercing green eyes.

"Hermione, please, I know that you're together with Malfoy now, but I just wanted to let you now, that I love you. You're the best thing that happened to me, and I want to ask your forgiveness. I know that you hate me now, but please, just think it over. You too, Ginny." He then walked away, leaving me startled and shocked by his apology.

  I looked over at Ginny, and tears started to well in my eyes. I might have forgotten to erase the last tiny fragment of love from my heart of him. I admit, I don't know what to do. I like Draco, but I love Harry. Why must my heart be so penetrable and fragile? Do I want Harry, or do I want Draco?

  I then started to cry, hating myself for having tried to make Harry hurt. He didn't deserve that. He had no family, no one.  I was such a horrible person. I couldn't believe that all Harry wanted was love, he didn't want war, he wanted love.

  I then got up, and ran to him. I pulled him into a tight hug and said, "I'm so sorry, Harry. I've been so stupid, and rude and haven't even given you a second chance."

  He then hugged me back, and I started crying. He consoled me, and we stayed there for a few minutes. I really loved him, but I didn't want to get back together... yet. He was amazing, but I think I might have lead Draco on.

  "Harry, I have to go. I'm sorry, honestly." I said, and then I pulled away slowly. I smiled, and then turned away.

Three weeks later

  Three weeks had passed, and I had kept up the act with Draco. As much as Draco's kisses made me feel wanted, I craved Harry so much, and every day, I felt like I needed him more and more. I was in a love triangle with Draco and Harry, and I couldn't find a way out of this maze. 

We were in a hallway, making out. We did for a minute or so, and then stopped. No one was around, and he gave me a genuine smile. I smiled back, and then left to go to class.

  I didn't want to end the relationship with him, but I wanted Harry. When Draco told me he actually had feelings for me, my heart melted. I had feelings for him too, and I wanted a relationship with him. It was the day that Harry told me that he was sorry for what he did. I thought long and hard that day, and I decided that I wanted-no, needed Draco. We've had so much hate from everyone, but I didn't care, I truly thought I was in love with him.

 That night was so amazing.

*+*+*Flashback*+*+*

  I walked into the dorm, and saw Draco sitting down on the sofa.

"Hermione," he said, making me stop what I was doing.

"Yes?" I said.

   He looked at the ground, and then up at me, "I have a question for you."

"Wh-what is it?" I said/yelled, shocked.

"I have feelings for you, Hermione. Will you go out with me and be my girlfriend, not just in public?"