Contradicting Feelings

(A/N) So, this chapter was hard to write. It took me forever to get it right, especially the characters. I know that I've twisted A LOT of things, especially Ron, but I have my reasons for that. If you were in my shoes, you'd understand my logic. Anyway, let's get this show on the road and I'll quit blabbing here.

Disclaimer:

  I do not own anything except for my plot, new characters, spells, charms etc. All rights go to J.K Rowling.

--------------**************------------------------********************-----------------*****************--------------********

At Malfoy Manor

Hermione's POV

What happened when they entered the house

 Once Draco and I entered his house, he got a warm welcome from Narcissa, who had not been sentenced to Azkaban, and I just got a "hello". She didn't seem too bothered with the fact that I was going to be staying here for a while, meaning that she didn't call me anything rude or try to hurt me or show any disgust. Draco left to go to his room as soon as his mother had said hello. I was quite happy that I had a place to stay at, and I promised Narcissa that I wouldn't stay too long.

  "Oh, you can help yourself to anything you like and you are welcome to stay as long as you need to," she reassured me.

  I nodded my head and thanked her. She really was a kind woman, she still is, as long as you're on her good side. As I unpacked, there was a knock at the door, and it opened. I saw Draco standing there, with a letter in his hands. He showed it to me, and it was addressed to him from Hogwarts.

 "So, we're in the same dormitory, huh?" he asked.

 "What are you talking about?" I asked him.

"Did you get a letter? It says that since we were 'outed' from our own 'groups', they found an extra dormitory for us, with two separate rooms." He explains. I nod my head, and grab the letter that I received a few hours ago. I ripped it open and looked all down through it.

It said:

Dear Hermione Granger,

  I have been told about your 'falling out' with Ronald Weasley. It is a shame that that had happened, so I have decided to let you stay in another dormitory, so that there is no risk of anything happening to you. At Hogwarts, we want to make sure that you're completely safe, so I have made sure that you are not in any classes with young Mr. Weasley. He will be under close and heavy supervision this year, so you need not worry.

   There is another student that will be sharing this dormitory with you, because he is not accepted in his house anymore. That student is Draco Malfoy. You will both have your own bedrooms, bathrooms and  little kitchen. I hope that you will have a comfortable year, even if you and Mr. Malfoy did not get along in the previous years.

  I am also very happy to tell you that you have been selected to be Head Girl. Head Boy will be Mr. Harry Potter, so you two will see each other quite often. There will be a schedule for your new duties that will be given to you when you arrive at Hogwarts. Your badge is enclosed in this envelope.

  Miss Granger, I truly am sorry for the events that have occurred this past summer, and hope that you are able to make the best of your upcoming year at Hogwarts. I hope you are well and that the rest of your Holiday will be enjoyable.

Sincerely,

Headmistress of Hogwarts, Minerva McGonagall

Present