Reconstruction

Disclaimer: All rights go to J.K Rowling! The only thing that I own here is my ideas for this story that I post! I don't own any of the characters or spells except for the new ones that I make up! Please read and bear with me for this!

This chapter is dedicated to pottergeek11 because she won my contest! Congratulations once again!

************************************************************************************************************

A month later

   I sat in my room, not worrying about anything other than schoolwork for once. Truly, what had happened to me? Worrying about finishing schoolwork? I'm no longer the same person. Hermione Granger wouldn't struggle with her schoolwork, that would never happen. Hermione Granger wouldn't pay any attention to a boy she once hated, especially who once bullied her. Hermione Granger would not fall in for the one who once hated her.

  But I am no longer the same Hermione Granger. Not since the war. Not since my heart was shattered twice. Not since my heart was manipulated, twisted and wrenched out of me. Maybe it was the war that changed me, or maybe it was the boy drama.

 Ha, Hermione and boy drama? Not likely. Not likely at all. I was the one who no one wanted to talk to six years ago. I was an ugly, buck-toothed frizzy-haired girl. I still don't find I'm pretty, not in the slightest bit, and I feel like I'm wearing a mask. That I wear the face of Hermione Granger, brightest witch of her age, but the person behind the mask is not her. 

   Maybe that's what Draco liked about me, because well... I don't really know what he thinks of me now. Other than I'm the girl who cheated on him with her ex-boyfriend while still dealing with the heartbreak of learning that he was sleeping with her best female friend. When I put it that way, can I even call her a friend? Even after all she told me under the truth spell, she was the one who provoked the relationship while we were still dating. She was the one who caused my heart to tear a second time. Yes, that was the truth. 

   He told me he still had feelings for me, but could I believe him either?

   The paper on naming transfiguration spells was distracting me until, well, it didn't distract me anymore.

  "Hermione!" Draco called from the common room. 

  Standing up, I felt little droplets of water drop ff my face. I don't know when I had started crying, but it was embarrassing now. I was going to go see what he wanted, but I couldn't now. My face got all puffy when I cried, so I ran into the bathroom instead of coming to the common room. I grabbed a bunch of tissues, and wiped my eyes. Mascara got everywhere, not tht I was wearing much to begin with, but it was still a black mess. Now, I grabbed makeup remover.

  "Hermione." Draco said sternly from the entrance to th bathroom. But, upon seeing me, my puffy face and all the mascara, his tone lightened.

"Hey, are you alright?" 

He walked up behind me and grabbed the back of my shoulder, trying to turn me around, but I shuddered and turned away.

"I'm fine." I tried to say strongly, but failed and it came out as an indefinite answer.

"Obviously not." He stated, "What happened?"

"Nothing, don't worry yourself about me." I said a bit more firmly.

"Then tell me what happened, and I'll leave you alone." He said, not moving a muscle.

"Why does it matter to you?" I retorted, not caring.

"Because I still care about you, more than you know." He told me shakily, " And I hate seeing you hurt like this, even if it's only emotional."

 "Just stop it, alright? I'm fine, you don't need to worry about me, especially after what I did to you, remember?"

  And he stayed silent, not listening to anything other than the silence between us. Standing in that bathroom, just the two of us, made me think of our past. Everything would come back, and I felt all the emotions that came through our short relationship that I wish would piece itself back together.

  Maybe this is what I want. Maybe it's the beginning of what I want. But who knows? Maybe this is a wrong turn, once again, but somehow, I know that something will come between us, maybe the enemy, maybe not. But no matter what, I know that I cannot break, that I will have to endure more than I have before, more than I did from the torture of Bellatrix Lestrange, more than I did this summer. 

   Finally, Draco pulled off of me, and he turned me around, and held me by the waist, is arms locking into my curves like a mold. His face in front of mine, staring into my eyes. I stared back, not to compete with him, but to see what was left to the sparkle in his eyes. To see if he was telling the truth, and to just well, show him that I'm here as well. 

  His face slowly crept closer to mine, but I didn't advance mine. His perfect grey eyes never looked away from my eyes, and my eyes never looked away from his.

   Right before our lips touched, he stopped. He pulled the few pieces of hair that had fallen out of my ponytail behind my ear, and still stared. I didn't dare make a move in kissing him. My lungs gasped for air, it was as though I had forgotten how to breathe.  

  Heart pounding, I took one single breath, it was over. He wasn't going to kiss me like I thought he was. I felt my heart pound inside of my chest. Harder, harder, and then slower, it slowed as the moment ended. 

   Instead of letting me go completely, he took one arm away from my side, and grabbed my hand instead, his other arm pulled away, and then he led me away from the bathroom, and I let him. He guided me out to our common room, made me lie down on the sofa, and then brought a blanket and a small hanky over. He covered me in the blanket, and then took the hanky and dabbed my eyes, making the tears go away. He then proceeded to wipe off the mascara that had gotten underneath my eyes. 

 "Sleep, Hermione," He whispered to me. He sat next to me, and allowed me to set my head on his shoulder. 

  The fire crackling was peaceful, and as I looked out the window, the night sky seemed to be illuminated by stars. Letting out a quick sigh, I closed my eyes, and let myself relax against the warm figure beside me, the one who I longed for. 

  I drifted into unconsciousness, but right before, I heard, "I will fix your broken soul. No matter what it takes."

************************************************************************************************************

 There you go! Another chapter, and this one I thought deserved to be a Dramione action one. I hope you liked it, but please don't kill me because they didn't smooch! 

  Thanks for everyone's continuous support, you have no idea how much it means to me, I love reading all of your comments, they sometimes make me laugh, smile or even point out things I didn't notice!

  Until the next update!