iii. zeus the owl

━━━━━━━━┛ ϟ ┗━━━━━━━━
CHAPTER THREE
zeus the owl
━━━━━━━━┓ ϟ ┏━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━┛ ϟ ┗━━━━━━━━CHAPTER THREEzeus the owl ━━━━━━━━┓ ϟ ┏━━━━━━━━

═ ═ ═ ╰ ϟ ╮ ═ ═ ═

KENDRA WOKE UP to Zeus' body squatted right in-front of her, making her scoot her head back a bit.

Finally, a voice spoke and she sat up, her heart raced as she grabbed her phone and got out of the tent, looking around to see where the voice came from.

No one was in the room, freaking Kendra out as her eyes watered in fear.

No one except me, the voice spoke again and Kendra looked down to see Zeus waddling out.

"What?" Her voice wavered, she looked down at her hand, removing the bandage and hoped she didn't get rabies from the owl biting her.

But there was no bite mark, just some dried blood. Kendra shook her head in disbelief and she turned to leave the room. She started to hyperventilate as her shaky hand could barely turn the knob.

Wait! The owl called out and she turned, seeing him back on the keyboard stand, I can explain.

"Start talking," Kendra spoke, her voice wavering in fear.

I'm sent from Athena, her last servant, I'm on a mission to make a warrior and have her win a war, he explained, then, I finally get to rest and be with my family again. Kendra slid door the door to the floor as she stared the owl down, rubbing her temples.

"What?" She asked, confusion overtaking the fear as the Owl perched itself onto her knee.

I'm a servant of Athena-

"No, I get that, but, why me?" Kendra asked, her stomach churning in anxiety

Well, he started, from watching you, you have only one tie to this plane and you passed the tests I put you through, there's just one more, if you do well, then we'll get started.

"Get started- what?" Kendra asked and shook her head, humorlessly laughing, "look, I don't think you've got the right girl, I'm just- I'm not cut out for the army."

Well of course not, you're not going to be in this universe, that's silly.

"Well I can't leave my mom, I'm all she's got!" Kendra spoke.

Don't worry about her, I already have something set up for her, the owl spoke and Kendra shook her head. She started to run her temples again and she looked up, frowning at the silence.