xiv. guy in the chair

━━━━━━━━┛ ϟ ┗━━━━━━━━
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
guy in the chair
━━━━━━━━┓ ϟ ┏━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━┛ ϟ ┗━━━━━━━━CHAPTER FOURTEEN guy in the chair━━━━━━━━┓ ϟ ┏━━━━━━━━

═ ═ ═ ╰ ϟ ╮ ═ ═ ═

IT HAD BEEN a week since Kendra had seen Peter, she was whisked off by SHIELD for an emergency mission in Russia when one of their agents went rouge. Because of course, the sixteen year old girl with a sword is going to do any help. But she was able to complete the mission successfully, storming a KGB base and freed about 20 hostages. Kendra was finally able to get her superhero name Athena out there when she freed the Americans trapped inside. It was exhilarating if Kendra was going to be honest. She didn't realize how much she enjoyed missions until she landed that Sunday.

Kendra looked down at her phone as it blew up with messages and calls. Kendra smiled as she answered them, explaining that the avengers took a family vacation and she had no service. When she walked into the base, she looked up to see a few scientists and their interns milling about the place, going from one lab to the next down the hall. Kendra thought of Peter and how he calls his vigilante work an "internship" and she chuckled as she walked up the stairs to her room.

Kendra! Zeus greeted and cawed, making Kendra laugh as she walked over, scratching under his feathers and massaged his head.

"Hey man," She smiled, jumping onto her bed and let out a long, deep sigh, "a soft bed."

Well you can't nap yet, I need to start you on the second half of your powers, Zeus spoke and Kendra sat up, shocked.

"What, there's more?" Kendra asked, getting out of bed and stepped over to his stand.

Zeus has granted you the gift of controlling the thunder and lighting like he does, Zeus the owl explained and Kendra gasped.

"That's so cool!" She responded excitedly and held her hand out for him to bite.

Kendra watched as Zeus spread his wings and noticed a little bolt of electricity run through his wings and travel to his beak as he chomped down on her hand. The force of the electricity threw her back, letting her slam into the wall of her room next to her wardrobe. Her ears were ringing as she cried out in pain, leaning against the wall as her head throbbed.

Tony slammed into her room and looked over to see her slowly trying to get up.

"What the hell happened?" Tony asked as he assisted her. Kendra explained what happened as she slowly made it to her bed, smiling to Zeus.

"Sorry for scaring you," Kendra looked up to Tony and widened her eyes when he hugged her.

"I almost pissed myself," Tony spoke as she hugged back.