xii. the mystic arts

━━━━━━━━┛ ϟ ┗━━━━━━━━
CHAPTER TWELVE
the mystic arts
━━━━━━━━┓ ϟ ┏━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━┛ ϟ ┗━━━━━━━━CHAPTER TWELVE the mystic arts━━━━━━━━┓ ϟ ┏━━━━━━━━

═ ═ ═ ╰ ϟ ╮ ═ ═ ═

"THIS IS GOOD, right on track," Stephen spoke as Kendra kept up with the sparkling circle she was conjuring before her, her heart raced as she watched it. It was almost mesmerizing as she stared into it.

"Okay, stop," Stephen spoke, making Kendra retract her arms, the portal falling away.

"I'm going to give you a few books to read, starter spells, then, you can move on to the harder ones," Stephen spoke and Kendra smiled, watching as he disappeared and as soon as he did, he reappeared with a stack of them. He thrusted them out and Kendra held them tightly.

"Thank you, Stephen," She spoke quietly and patted his shoulder as she looked to Zeus. He looked to be ready to go back to the base.

"You're welcome, bring them back when your done," he spoke and Kendra chuckled as she headed for the door, getting the door open and herself through, Zeus flying by and hovering by her.

I'll meet you back at the base, see you soon, Zeus spoke and Kendra smiled. She walked down the stairs and made her way to a cafe to call Happy and get herself something to drink while she waited. She wanted to make sure that they wouldn't know where's she's been, walking almost twelve blocks before the books started to get heavy and she would need a break.

"Need some help carrying those?" Peters familiar voice chimed in from behind her and she stopped, a smile breaking out. Turning around.

"Thank you Pete-"

He was in his Spider-Man suit.

"Spider-Man!" She chirped, hoping that he wouldn't get nervous. He awkwardly stood there as she heaved the books up a bit to get a better hold.

"You sound just like this guy I go to school with!" Kendra spoke as she held some books out. Peter seemed really nervous, with she kicked herself up about.

"Oh really, that's so strange," Peter spoke and Kendra chuckled, shrugging.

"I mean, it's not hard to mistake people," Kendra spoke as they continued to walk.

"So where are we going?" Peter asked.

"A cafe, where I'm getting myself a coffee and I'm calling my ride home," Kendra answered, looking around, "although I only know three places in New York and none of them are cafes."