xxiv. the endgame

━━━━━━━━┛ ϟ ┗━━━━━━━━
CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR
the endgame
━━━━━━━━┓ ϟ ┏━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━┛ ϟ ┗━━━━━━━━CHAPTER TWENTY FOURthe endgame ━━━━━━━━┓ ϟ ┏━━━━━━━━

═ ═ ═ ╰ ϟ ╮ ═ ═ ═

"PIECE OF CAKE, Quill," Tony spoke, but Kendra knew that it wouldn't be that easy. She activated her helmet, conjuring up storm clouds, due to the wasteland atmosphere, the light strikes were stronger. The more clouds formed, the more powerful she felt.

"Yeah, if your goal was to piss him off!" Quill answered, his own mask now coming on as he licked his shoes into action and flew towards the building.

The wreckage on top of Thanos erupts in purple, as he bellows in rage. Kendra sucked in a breath of air, remembering it from the visions but quickly snapped back into action. Thanos, using the reality Stone, turned the hovering fragments into a flock of bats and Kendra could only watch in horror as they swarmed Tony, driving him back through the ruins.

Peter webbed his eyes, and Kendra flew up, preparing herself for Peter to use her foot to swing. Peter had kicked him in the face at the same time that Drax leapt from cover, blades in both hands, to knee-slide behind Thanos and try for a tendon slide across the back of the Titan's knee. Thanos groaned in pain as Kendra dropped down infront of him, a smirk once again in her lips though she knows his can't see it. He threw a punch but she blocked it with The Aegis.

Stephen jumped through a portal and summoned a sword of golden energy, her and Stephen were dueling with Thanos when Drax attacks similarly on next to Kendra. Thanos punched Drax through a ruined wall, then shatters the blade with one hand and tears the web from his eyes. He grabbed Kendra by the throat, squeezing as she kicked at him, gasping for air. He gave her a pitiful smile and through her in the opposite direction of Drax.

Kendra keeled over, gasping for air. Her coughs were pained and it felt like her throat constricted every time she tried filling in her lungs. That made her angry, the storm clouds she had just summoned grew larger, angrier. Bolts of lighting struck the ground, distracting Thanos as Quill ran up behind him, sticking a bomb on his back without the Titan noticing.

Quill stucks his landing in front of Thanos, he was just as pissed. His helmet fell away to show an expression she also wore. Quill flipped Thanos a bird and jumped backward into a portal that she had quickly made for him, she couldn't help but smile.

"Boom!" Quill shouted as the portal closed. The explosion knocked Thanos to his knees and it dazed him briefly. Kendra saw Stephen whisper something to the collar of the cloak that she had named Cloakie many months ago. She watched as it swoops off Stephens shoulders and wrapped itself tightly around Thanos' armored hand, who starts tugging at this unexpected wrapping.