xxiii. the plan

━━━━━━━━┛ ϟ ┗━━━━━━━━
CHAPTER TWENTY THREE
the plan
━━━━━━━━┓ ϟ ┏━━━━━━━━

(the first and LAST time i break the aesthetic gif chain, it just looked so good i- )

═ ═ ═ ╰ ϟ ╮ ═ ═ ═

"THE HECK HAPPENED to this planet?" Quill asked, catching Kendra's attention, "It's eight degrees off its axis. Gravitational pull is all over the place."

"His planet went to shit, it's why he's on a sociopathic rampage right now," Kendra answered, her hand never left Peters and she looked over to see Mantis jumped around. Low gravity. Kendra frowned when she realized that would affect how she could fly.

"Yeah, we got one advantage," Tony spoke up, Kendra and Peter approached him, Quill joining her side as she opened up her wings, "He's coming to us. We'll use it. All right, I have a plan. Or at least the beginnings of one. It's pretty simple. We draw him in, pin him down, get what we need. Definitely don't wanna dance with this guy. We just want the gauntlet."

Kendra widened her eyes as she heard a yawn, looking over, Drax was titled back slightly, his yawn instantly made her yawn. That earned her a glare from Tony and she shrugged, somehow defensively. She couldn't help it. She was tired.

"Are you yawning?" Tony asked Drax, "In the middle of this, while I'm breaking it down? Huh? Did you hear what I said?"

Drax looked ashamed, glancing at Mantis and then at Kendra. In the brief period of knowing each tiger, Drax and Kendra were becoming friends, which did make Kendra happy.

"I stopped listening after you said, We need a plan." Drax admitted, Kendra almost wanted to laugh. She squeezed Peters hand, feeling him get closer to her. Tony looked to Quill, clearly tired of the Guardians and their antics.

"Okay, Mr. Clean is on his own page," Tony spoke, earning a snort from Kendra as she got closer.

"See, not winging it isn't really what they do," Quill responded, making Kendra frown. From what she remembered, they were pretty good with keeping true to a plan.

"Uh, what exactly is it that they do?" Peter asked, his free hand pointing to the two. Mantis tried to look badass, but she ended up looking like a little kitten as Drax faced them, his thumbs looping though his belt loops.

"Kick names, take ass," Mantis spoke, her chin flaring up as she spoke.

"Yeah, that's right," Drax spoke and Kendra point her lip, tilting her head.