ix. relaxed

━━━━━━━━┛ ϟ ┗━━━━━━━━
CHAPTER NINE
relaxed
━━━━━━━━┓ ϟ ┏━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━┛ ϟ ┗━━━━━━━━CHAPTER NINErelaxed━━━━━━━━┓ ϟ ┏━━━━━━━━

═ ═ ═ ╰ ϟ ╮ ═ ═ ═

KENDRA STOOD BY the window, her hands in the pockets of her sweatpants as she squinted, trying to see the stars. She sighed, grabbing a jacket and throwing it on as she walked out of her room, looking around to make sure no one was up as she made her way to the front door.

She snuck outside, taking off her jacket, revealing her tank and she opened up her wings, flying up to the roof. Kendra walked to her landing and felt the gravel under her slippers crunch, making her smile at the sound. She laid down on her wings as they made a nice cushion for her. Kendra watched the sky glimmer, more stars would become visible as she laid, the calming quiet and cool breeze to soothe her skin brought clarity.

Kendra felt less stressed, her shoulders were more relaxed, her jaw was unclenched, her breathing was less erratic. It was a true serene. Something that she didn't have much of in the two weeks she's been in New York. It was a wonderful place, but it was literally a whole different world compared to Florida. The closest she could get to the city was Ocala, where the most progressive thing they've done is put in a few Starbucks.

"Can the teenage girl go back to her bed before she goes to school tomorrow?" The loudspeaker called out, Kendra jumped up, recognizing Tony's voice and she groaned, stretching out her wings and glided down to the ground. She walked inside, relaxed from her small meditation moment, going to her room where she closed up her wings and went to bed, a small smile on her face as she thought of Peter.

═ ═ ═ ╰ ϟ ╮ ═ ═ ═

THE NEXT DAY at school, Kendra was already pushing homework assignments into the bins teachers had set up. It wasn't hard catching up on the classes, especially with her new brain. Kendra was now top of the class, or at least top ten. She looked around the classroom, her fame was over, which she was grateful for considering how she was basically there to spy on Peter, which honestly, besides being Spider-Man, he really doesn't do much.

Kendra sat in the back of the classroom, smiling when Peter finally appeared and made a beeline for the seat next to hers. It made her smile. She looked over at him as he took off his bag, setting it on the floor next to hers.

"Hey," she smiled, Peter straightened up.

"Hey," he responded as Ms. Warren walked into the room.

"Did you do the homework?" Kendra asked and Peter nodded, pulling it out.

"Did you need to see it?" He asked and she shook her head and shrugged.

"Just wanted to know," Kendra spoke and leaned back in her chair, her arms and legs crossed as the bell rung. Peter never stopped staring. It felt like a staring competition. Who would break first. Kendra felt if she looked to him, he would stop, and Peter felt if he looked away, she would disappear.

But it was over when the bell rung once again and Kendra stood up, packing up her laptop and notebook and looked to Peter, a smirk on her face.

"We should hang out tonight," Kendra spoke, making Peter blink in shock as he stumbled over himself getting up. The clamoring catching the attention of a few students nearby who only shook their heads at the awkward mess of the boy.

Peter only nodded as he grabbed his things.

"Uh, y-yeah, sure, t-tonight?" He asked and Kendra smiled.

"Yeah, I have to do something after school but if you text me your address, I'll meet you at your place," Kendra spoke, throwing her bag on and walked out, waving to Ms. Warren as she did.

For the rest of the school, Kendra's heart raced as she thought about what she said to Peter. Why would she do that? What could she possibly do? She pulled out her phone as she stopped at her locker, sending a text to Happy to let him know that she was going to see the man again and that after, she'll be walking to Peters house to hang out.

unHappy
okay, be safe, call me if
something goes wrong.

kendra
i will, see you later.

Kendra smiled and opened her locker, getting her homework sorted and grabbed her jacket, putting it on. She flipped her hair over the fabric and shivered at the coolness of it against her skin. Kendra shut her locker and swung her bag on, jogging down the stairs and followed the familiar path to the Sanctum and smiled when she got there. Looking up once more, this time, as she walked up, the doors opened up for her. Kendra smiled as she walked inside, hearing the door shut.

"Why are you here?" Stephen Strange called out, walking down from the top of the steps in a tee shirt and sweatpants.

"Tony called Steve Rogers, all of them are pardoned and living in the compound, I need to know if this is going to ruin the plan and what I can do to help if it does," Kendra spoke and he tilted his head as he reached the foot of the stairs.

"He did? It's a little early, but it's fine, trust me, it'll throw Thanos on his side," Stephen spoke, making Kendra nod, she took a step back and felt her phone buzz, she pulled it out, seeing that Peter sent her his address.

"Have fun," Stephen spoke and Kendra blushed, looking up.

"Teach me the mystic arts," Kendra spoke up, making Stephen chuckle. He looked to the artifacts around them as he started stretching. Kendra could hear cracking, which she silently enjoyed listening to.

"Meet me here Saturday morning nine am," Stephen spoke and headed for the door, "and bring Zeus."

Kendra nodded and headed out, opening her phone and pressed the address Peter sent her, making her smile as it was taken to Maps on her phone. It was only a matter of minutes until she'll be able to get to Peters house, making her want to hurry to not lose any more time with him. Because she didn't want to admit it. But every time she saw him, she wanted to stay more and more.