xxii. pop culture

━━━━━━━━┛ ϟ ┗━━━━━━━━
CHAPTER TWENTY TWO
pop culture
━━━━━━━━┓ ϟ ┏━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━┛ ϟ ┗━━━━━━━━CHAPTER TWENTY TWOpop culture━━━━━━━━┓ ϟ ┏━━━━━━━━

═ ═ ═ ╰ ϟ ╮ ═ ═ ═

WHEN TONY BLEW a hole in the side of the ship, Kendra glided down, grabbing Stephens hand and pulled him close, trying her best to hold her ground and hold him. The two ended up getting sucked but Kendra felt cape wrap around her wing as she tried getting away from the hole. Which backfired. She squeezed her eyes shut as she awaited death but felt a web attach to her back and looked up to see Peter and the Iron-Spider bracers.

"Yeah!" Peter cheered, looking up, "wait what are those?"

Kendra smiled as she flapped her wings. Holding Stephen tight as she got back into the ship, she saw Ebony all wrinkled up and frozen and laughed as she fell to the floor, Tony had covered the hole up and she released Stephen, still in Peters arms. Kendra got up, closing her wings up and held her hand out for Peter to get up. His mask opened up as he got up. Hers did too, revealing her smile. His dropped and her pulled her into a hug.

Kendra hugged back, feeling his arm go around her torso and the other on the back of her head. She closed her eyes and wrapped her arms tighter around him.

"Lovebirds!" Stephen interrupted, making Kendra jump away, now holding Peters hand, "focus."

"We've gotta turn this ship around," Stephen spoke and Kendra furrowed her brows.

"Really? You heard Ebony Maw, he's meeting Thanos on Titan," Kendra pointed out, Stephen stared at her, trying to understand her reasoning, "we should go, and keep the fight off earth where there's billions of casualties."

"Now he wants to duck," Tony spoke up and Kendra looked to him, her wide eyes warning him but it's like he intentionally ignored her.

"No, I want to protect the stone," Stephen spoke, completely disregarding what she just said.

"And I want you to thank me now," Tony spoke and Kendra looked to Peter, who only shrugged, squeezing her hand, "Go ahead, I'm listening."

"For what?" Stephen spoke and Kendra eventually sat down, waiting for them to get through their fight for her to finally speak up, "Nearly blasting me into space?"

"Who just saved your magical ass?" Tony spoke and Kendra rolled her eyes, leave it to Tony to take all the credit, "Me."

"I seriously don't know how you fit your head into that helmet," Stephen spoke, making Kendra smirk and sit up straight.

"It expands," She chimed in, making Tony turn and look to her, betrayed.

"Who are you?" Tony asked and she stood up, her face hardening as she finally decided to stand her ground. She was tired of him using the adult complex. She just wanted to get back on the damn bus with Peter and continue the day normally.