xvi. the winter soldier

━━━━━━━━┛ ϟ ┗━━━━━━━━
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
the winter soldier
━━━━━━━━┓ ϟ ┏━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━┛ ϟ ┗━━━━━━━━CHAPTER SIXTEEN the winter soldier━━━━━━━━┓ ϟ ┏━━━━━━━━

═ ═ ═ ╰ ϟ ╮ ═ ═ ═

FRIDAY NIGHT, KENDRA couldn't stop thinking about Peter and Ned. She missed them, and it was her own fault. At this point, she knows that they probably want nothing to win her, and although it hurt, she knew it for the best. She finally understood why Stephen said this timeline would be hard to get through, but she remembered that it meant she would like the results. And she hoped that it meant the only people dying is Thanos and whatever army he may be forming.

She groaned as she sat up, tugging at her hair and decided to go out to the kitchen, grabbing her coat and wrapped it around her. The base was weird when it was dark, the moonlight shone through the glass, illuminating the floor and in turn, it shined onto the walls. Kendra found it beautiful as she padded over to the cupboard and grabbed a cup, pouting herself a glass of water and turned around, jumping at the shadow that sat at the island.

Kendra squinted, seeing a shine from above the counter top and she reached for the light switch that illuminated the sink. Buckys face appearing, he squinted, but quickly adjusted.

"Can't sleep?" She asked as he ate the cereal. He only nodded as she drank the water.

"You?" He asked, he hasn't full come out of his shell around her. Kendra wondered if it's because she was the only one to truly know what he went through and that scared him, nonetheless, she never brought it up and she knew he was grateful.

"Yeah," she sighed and sat down a chair over from him, "my mind is really a little hell right now."

"I understand," Bucky spoke softly, she looked over at him, her features were probably the softest they've been in a long time, "Wakanda was amazing with getting that HYDRA psychosis out of my head but-"

He seemed like he wanted to finish the sentence, but she knew it was too painful.

"It's hard to deal with the memories," Kendra finished for him. He gave a weak smile, it wasn't even half hearted, just a gesture that make the lines in his face crinkle. Kendra no doubt knows that the smile lines were all from his time, and it was something he never could go back to, so, with the thought of sleep out of the window, she drank from her cup and smiled.

"That just means you need to make better ones," she finally spoke as he crunched on the lucky charms, "have something better to remember, something to distract you until it becomes what it fully is."

He looks to her, slight confusion gracing his face.

"What?" He asked, more lines accentuating the lost emotions.

"Your past," Kendra answered, finishing her water, she finally yawned, which she was grateful to do.

"So what's bothering you, huh?" Bucky asked, making her frown.