Leaving California Behind

"Bye mom, I'm leaving now" I put my black boots on and grabbed my purse who rested at the counter. My mom was watching me closly, with a sad look upon her face. Almost like she was already missing me even tough I had not even left yet. "Are you sure you're going to be ok, Elise?" "Yes, mom. I'm positive" "Daniella is a good kid, right?" My mom said, with doubt in her voice. There was not much my mom knew about my bestfriend Dani. She was not the most open person about her toughts and her life in general. The little things she knew she had been told by me, and most of it was pure lies. "Yeah, mom. Absolutley." She did not buy that. Instead she opened her mouth, as if she wanted to say something. Then she closed it again. Maybe she desided that it just wasn't worth it. "Do you have everything you need? Your passport, money, keys and phone?" I nodded and gave her a little smile. Then she took my black little sunhat and placed it carefully at the top of my head. "Ok then, sunshine. I guess it's time for you to leave." She kissed me on my forehead, and opened the door for me. She even carried my suitcase down the stairs. The cab was waiting outside, ready to take me to the airport where my bestfriend would be waiting for me. The cabdriver opened the door for me and took my suitcase. I entered the cab. My mom looked at me with tears in her eyes. Then she blew me a kiss, witch I returned. Then the cab started moving, and I put my designersunglasses on. I recall thinking, "yeah, this is awesome! I'm gonna rock this bitch!" Well, I could not be more wrong. This would be a vacation I would remember to the day I die. But for all the wrong reasons.