chapter thirteen: a sleepless night

"Where are we going?" I asked.
"My place." You replied, keeping your eyes on the road.
"Your house?"
"No, I got my own apartment."
"Ok" I nodded as you drove of into the darkness.

We drove in silence for a while, until we finally arrived at your apartment. It was beautiful, with large windows over looking the city. You unlocked the door, and I entered quietly. It was barely furnished, but that didn't really matter. Was I spending the night here? What would I tell my mom? I found myself thinking again, forgetting my mom wouldn't even notice I hadn't come home.

You led me to your room, which I assumed we would be sharing. There was a single bed in the middle. I undressed myself, except for my bra and fishnets. I plopped on the bed, realizing how tired I was. Wrapping myself up in the blankets, I felt you slip in in the other side. You grazed my back, making your way down my leg. I turned around and you wrapped your arm around my bare waist. You kissed my neck, leaving a trail of marks down the middle of my chest. I groaned. God, I was way too tired for this. I pulled away sharply, leaving you to kiss thin air.

"What's wrong?" You asked, annoyed.
"Can we just sleep? I just killed someone."I snapped.
"And?" You replied, ignoring me, making your way down my stomach.

I closed my eyes, trying in vain to get some rest. I had a killer headache. I felt your cold lips on my warm stomach. You laid your head next to mind, finally giving up. I feel asleep, feeling your hot breath on the back of my neck, but deep down, in the back of my head, I could see the image of Step's cold, dead, lifeless eyes staring back at me, as if to say: What have you gotten yourself into?