chapter twenty: gone without a trace

I never went back to school. I don't really remember much of what happened the last few days I was there. It was just Beth and Charlotte occasionally smiling at me, but then going back to whispering about how I had "changed" ever since I started dating you. Oh yeah, word about you and I spread pretty quickly. All I ever heard was "Dean and Bella." Bella and Dean this, Bella and Dean that. Seriously, did people ever get tired of talking and talking and talking? And Charlie, breath taking as always, even if he was mad at me for choosing a "no good burnout" over him. That's was I remember most I think, when he found out I had been with you all along. His eyes blazed, but deep down, I could see he was hurt. Poor boy. He was dumb, but always sweet. I swear he could make anyone's heart skip a beat. Other than that, I didn't care for school. And I never went to say goodbye to my mom. No matter how many times she had neglected me, I still felt as if I should have said goodbye, even if she was too drunk to notice.

I woke up in the morning, and grimaced at the soreness between my thighs from last night. Light shone through the glass windows, and the space next to me was empty. You always seemed to get up before me. I lay there for a while, thinking about what we would do next.

"Morning, peaches." You voice came from the entrance of the bedroom.

"Hey." I smiled groggily.

"C'mon check this out." You came over and pulled me out of bed, dragging me into the living room. I rested on your lap as you turned on the tv. You flipped through a few channels, until you finally landed on the news.

It was us... It was us! I couldn't believe it. We were all over the news now. I laughed recklessly.

"No fucking way!" I giggled as they described us.

"God they really got us cornered huh? I'm shaking. I'm scared to death!" You joked, your voice dripping in sarcasm.

"My oh my, what are we ever going to do!" I fanned my face, pretending to faint. You ran your hands through my hair and kissed me gently.

"Keep on running peaches..." You whispered hoarsely. I grinned, feeling your coarse hands press my slim waist. You flipped me over, pressing me against the couch. I laughed softly as you nuzzled your face into the crook of my neck. "Of course."

I wriggled out from under your body weight.
"How about some breakfast first?" I offered.

"Food, I won't say no to that." You smirked.

You made your way towards me, your hands somehow finding their way back to my body.

"Pack up." I laughed, pushing you off.

"We'll be out of here before these cops can even say the word murder."