chapter two: mckinley high school

The bell rang as I walked into my high school. I was late again, but I didn't care, almost everyone was late. I looked around, hoping to spot someone I knew. All I got was dumb high school kids, some smoking, most making out. I rolled my eyes. Welcome to McKinley High school, I thought.

"Bella!" someone yelled.

I turned to meet my friend, Steph. Not that I would call her my friend though. Almost everyone was fake here, including her.

"Where were you over the yesterday?," she asked.

I ignored her. She was every guys dream. Her skin seemed to glow, her cheeks were rosy, and her lips a soft warm pink. Too bad a nasty attitude was wasted on such a pretty face.

"Busy sorry." I replied, unapologetically.

I smiled at my friends Charlotte and Beth behind her. They always seemed to be being her. I would consider them to be my friends, more than Steph. Charlotte was a real airhead, not to be rude. She was pretty at least. Beth was the sweetest. Maybe too sweet for her own good. She looked nice in yellow though.

"We called you a thousand times." Beth said softly.

"Yeah, to see if you wanted to go to Bryan's party this weekend." Charlotte added, smiling for no apparent reason.

"I hope Cam is gonna be there," Beth whispered, blushing softly. She had been crushing on him since Sophomore year, but didn't seem to notice he really didn't care about her. He just wanted a meaningless fling.

"Cam? Forget Cam," Steph sneered. "Bryan's definitely going to ask me out." I tuned her out. I was in no mood to be listening to boy crap this early in the morning.

"So is that a yes?" Charlotte asked, her eyebrows raised high. "Huh?" I asked, confused. All I had caught was something about the party, what to wear, and Charlie. Ugh, Charlie. Charlie was so into me it made me sick. I mean he was nice and all, but really, take a hint pal.

"The party on Saturday, are you going?" Charlotte asked again, annoyed to repeat herself.

"We'll see." I answered, walking into my first period.