Chapter 16

It was dark when I returned the pack house. I found Beta Cade and gamma Princeton standing guard. They handed me cloths and it took them in my mouth. I shifted and changed behind a tree.

"Why you two are here?" I asked. "It is alpha he told us to get you as soon as you return. Alpha Daniel came here and he said he need to talk to you immediately." Cade said.

Oh no Ronan. It is about Ronan. Without thinking twice I ran towards the pack office. I entered and all the Pack members looked at me in weird way. Why they are looking at me this way?

I walked towards the Office and knocked. "Come in" I heard Xander say. "You called me?" I asked. "Yes I did" He looked me from head to toe. "What is it?" I asked. "Alpha Kingston was here he said he had some business to discuss with you"

Worry lined my face. Ronan. Please be alright or I am going to bring you back from dead and kill you again. "Did he said anything?" I asked. "no he didn't only that he need you to visit him as soon as you come back" Xander said.

Then he put down his paperwork and studied me. "judging by your look I can assume you know what this all is about isn't it?" He asked. "I need to go to him now" I said firmly without shuttering.

"No... it is late and it is almost an hour drive from here and with the rogue sightings outside our territory there is no way I am going to let any harm come to my Luna" He said using an alpha tone.

Normally it made me bow into submission but not anymore. "I am going and I do not want anyone's help in it. I am going there. Now" I emphasized on the word now.

He pulled me to him and I struggled in his hold. Suddenly I heard a click. I looked at my neck. It is a collar? He collared me like a dog? How could he? "You are not going now sit here like a good girl."

Rage boiled inside me. Ronan is probably dead and I have no idea how to talk to Daniel. I cannot call him from here because Xander might not allow it. And he can easily listen to our conversation.

No I have to find a way to contact Daniel and soon. "Thinking about breaking it little mate? Don't even think about it because it is a silver collar now inside and the side covered in leather so that beautiful skin of yours will not burn but if you try to break it I am not so sure you can survive the burns."

"How could you collar me like an animal?" I asked hurt and betrayed by my own mate. "Oh I can to make you behave. You keep on Defying and denying me as long as I can remember"

"You rejected me remember?" I mocked and a flash of something passed over it. "It was a mistake. I shouldn't have rejected you. But I do amended it." He replied not looking up from his paperwork.

"You call this amending? You think this is what I will call amending? You think I am your fucking slave and you treat me like shit. You think you can win me over just by the mating bond between us. But it is not enough"

I spat. His burrows frowned which I found damn sexy if I was not mad as hell on him. "You want me to be your Luna and bare your pups?" That got his attention. He looked at me smiling.

I am still so mad at him. "I will do it. But apart from that I am not much of use in your life anyway" I spat acidly. His smile fell. And it hurt me a little somewhere. "I didn't meant that. I will not ever force you to do something you don't want to. I am not a monster Destiny"

"You collared me like a dog and you still think You are not a monster?" I asked. "You chained a little girl who probably don't even know the meaning of word rogue and you are not a monster? You will probably kill those rogues without thinking that they too can have families children of their own and you are still not a monster"

I laugh bitterly. I saw the collar fell from my neck. He rubbed my neck which is red now from the bite of leather. "I cannot do anything about the rogues it is standard pack rules." He said.

I looked at him angrily. "Even if I say that it is my family?" I asked as a tear or two fell down from my eyes. He hovered above me pinning me to the locked door of office. "I am the only family you ever need Destiny"

His voice was cold and calculating. "They are family Xander. They had done enough for me and I did nothing in return." He let me go and he looked into my eyes.

"They took me in when I have nowhere to go. They share their food with me even when they had almost nothing to eat themselves. They tuck me in the nights and held me when I cried"

I swallowed hard when all those memories started to flash before my eyes. "They did everything a family should have. They did everything they could. Eventually they also found me a pack your pack and mama? Mama said me to go and be safe here"

By this time I was crying my heart out and I do not care who is looking. "It is against the policy to release any rogue but I will do it. They will be well taken care off and I will drive you myself to Daniel for a small exchange" He said.

I looked into his eyes and then he said it. "I want to mark you. In return I will let everyone go"

"That's it?" I asked.

"that's it" he replied.

Word Count: 1026 words

A/N: Xander is not bad he just didn't like to be disrespected by his mate he is an alpha so the dominance is in his blood.

here is the next chapter btw thanks for your support you showed in another story of mine 170 votes on Replaced wife...

Thank you and enjoy