Chapter 28

Curiosity is mother of all invention. I know you all are quite familiar with the phrase. But there is another sentence also very popular in curiosity's context and it is far more appropriate one Curiosity killed the cat. And right now I am feeling like that nosy cat.

Something inside me wants to know what is eating him up but somewhere I do not want to press him into telling me anything. Xander looked into my eyes and then said "I am afraid if I told you this you might see me in different light"

"Nothing in the world can make me see you differently Xander" I said softly. "I beg to differ but you have a right to know" Xander entwined our fingers and took a deep breath.

"I was sixteen then reckless and hot headed alpha prince" He began.

He still is a hot headed Alpha King

My wolf purred in my mind.

"I never thought about the consequences of my actions not until it was too late anyway. It was my elder brother Thomas. Well he is elder by me just by two mere minutes. We were twins but I was always the reckless one he was the responsible one"

His eyes closed as if he was reminding himself of some happy memories of his brother. "As I knew I was going to inherit the throne I wanted to become powerful. I lusted after the thrill it made me feel. I wanted it and it just consumed me"

He stopped looking at me to see if I was following or not. I was more than obliged to listen if it is so much important to him. It is important to me. I was specialized as an interrogator and elder council approved of me as I was one of the best."

His hand tightly squeezed mine. "I loved to hurt people. I love to see fear in their eyes. I loved to see how terrified they were of me. And that one day drove me to insanity"

He squeezed his eyes tightly. "It's ok Xander you don't have to tell me" I said slowly moving my hand up and down his chest trying to provide him some comfort as the best as I can.

"No please let me talk. One day the hell broke loose. The elder council started to see me as a threat to there own existence and they devised a plan to get me out of the power."

He laughed bitterly. "It was day when my brother found his mate. There was celebration all over the kingdom. For he had found his mate and he can be crowned as the next alpha king." He shied.

I can see how hard for him it was. "Everyone was so busy in celebration that no one did thought that it would end like this and it was all my fault. They killed my brother assassinated him. Because they thought it was me."

He suddenly held me tighter and cried. "Now you see why I don't deserve anything good in life. I was responsible for my brother's death I was responsible for his mate to die when she was pregnant with his child. I ruined it for them I will ruin it for you baby girl"

"Who assassinated him?" I asked. "Marcus Ravels. I can never ever forget his face. If I can I will kill him with my own hand" Xander said. "It's not you Xander it is some dirty politics they played. It was never you they used you they made you do their bidding"

I know a thing or two about feeling used. "Xander shhh... don't cry baby it's alright. It is alright." I tried to soothe him. I wanted to heal him. This broken man. "I do not deserve you Destiny I do not deserve your love. If I was not consumed by my lust I would have saw it coming"

"You deserve me Xander. And I will prove you all my life if I have to you are the only one for me." I kissed his temple. "I Destiny Felicity Donovan accept Xander Gabriel Anderson as my mate and as my..."

He kissed me softly. He pulled back "No I am not your alpha it is a mere title I do not want to impose any title on our relationship" Xander said and I nodded. "I might not be your alpha but don't expect me to beat the shit out of others who looks at you" Xander said seriously.

Male and their big egos. "Yeah? I am more than capable of impaling my enemies let alone claw their eyes out if they looking at me. But don't expect me to show respect to unmated females from their family ."

"Yes Alpha" He joked. "I am your alpha you should take me seriously" I replied in a playful voice. " I have no intention of crossing your words ever your highness" He said kissing my temple.

"Then I can order you to do anything Prince charming" I said. His eyes gleamed dangerously. "Like what?" he retorted challenging. "Do you want to sleep in royal stables tonight baby?" I asked sheepishly.

"I get your point but you don't want to freeze your poor mate into popsicle do you?" Xander asked in a meek hurt voice. "It is only September you will not freeze like popsicle out there Xandy poo"

He growled at the nickname which only made me giggle harder. He huffed and I laughed more. He looked at me amused. " I made you laugh again" He said happy with himself.

"Xander I will never want anyone the way I want you. You are my soul mate my other half and nothing will ever compare to that." Xander nodded at my words.

"Xander" He looked at me. Now or never he needed assurance and this is the best assurance I can give him. "Mark me"

Word Count: 984 words

So finally she ask Xander to mark her? how is the story so far? Please vote and comment