Chapter 27

I saw as Xander landed another punch on the perfectly still tree trunk. Ronan and I decided to examine his form to access what should be the first weapon of his choice.

He stood his ground well even he manage to pin me down and I think secretly he enjoyed it. "Enough." Ronan said halting. Trust Ronan to bring out the worst in you.

"Fine now let's see how good is our aim." Ronan said. "Will you do the honors queen?" He pointed his hand at me. He called me queen not sista or Princess that surely hurt.

Looks like I was right all along the sudden death of his mate had shook him to the core and it made him as close off as he was before he met her. I nodded as he launched three apples in the air. I pulled the knife and threw it and it landed perfectly slicing the apple in half.

Xander watched me in awe. "I think you find it fun to make me do all the slicing." I said making Ronan chuckle. "Hardly in your perfect shape sista if you were you would have seen this.

Then I felt his gun on back of my spine. Xander growled. "Don't Xander he is right I was distracted and I will not let my pack suffer because I was distracted to protect myself" I said to Xander.

"Next time pay attention to your surroundings." Ronan said in a cold voice. It startled me. Ronan was a tough instructor but it is even too cold for Ronan's character.

"Let's see what you have got" Ronan said challenging him. "Very well then" Xander winked at me. I slapped on his behind. Ronan looked at us with a sad smile. Oh Ronan.

Rest of the day we spent training and seeing through the training of the remaining pack members. By the time we arrived home we are sweaty and dirty and smelly. Xander still looks tensed for some reason.

I wanted to take away the reason that was bugging him so much. "You go ahead I will use the shower in guest room" Xander said. Now I know for sure something was bugging him.

I heard the water run and without thinking much my feet carried me towards the direction of the room where Xander was. I walked inside the shower to find him standing inside tensed trying to relax his body.

I stood behind him. I decided to do what first of my instinct tell me to do. I wrapped m arms around him. He stiffened at first and then he slowly relaxed in my hold.

"Can I wash you up?" I asked. "Go ahead baby girl I told you before I really don't like you to ask for my permission for touching me ever." He smiled at me. But it quite didn't reached his eyes.

"Down" I said. He quickly sat down on his knees his head touching my belly. I slowly squirted the shampoo in my hand and massage his head. A low moan escaped his lips.

"Do you like it?" I asked. "Y...yes" He replied in a husky voice. "Don't stop baby girl" He moaned under me. I like taking care of him. I concluded that. "Let me wash your body" I said. "I want to wash you first" He said taking the wash cloth away from me.

"You are tensed what happened?" I asked. "Nothing just it is happening so fast and the alpha's here I am very much aware that you are still unmated and unmarked."

I understand his concerns. He is my mate and he bound to be territorial over me and not to mention he still thinks he is not worthy enough for me. "Xander why don't you mark me then? Why deny what will happen sooner or later?" I asked as he slowly washed me.

"I am not a monster baby girl. I am not going to mark you because I need to. I am going to mark you because you want it as much as I want you" He replied. "What makes you think I do not want you? or I do not lust after your perfect body? What makes you think I do not want to have my way with you?" I asked.

He softly kissed my forehead " I do not want to rush you into anything because of my insecurities" He pulled a towel after turning off the water and dried me carefully not to brush against any of my sensitive parts.

He walked to the closet to take out a shirt for me and some pants for him. "What insecurities?" I asked cautiously. He shied and buttoned his shirt over me. He made me sat down on the bed and he sat beside me after dressing up.

He stayed silent slowly stroking my hairs. "Xander what are you hiding? What insecurities?" I asked in a small voice. "I have a gorgeous mate that I don't deserve? I have this fairy tale life that I may lose somehow?"

He started then he looked at me shaking his head. "Xander? What are you thinking love?" I asked placing my hand over his cheek. That sent shocks of electricity throughout my body.

"I am not everyone's favorite. As a alpha prince I had made many enemy. I was reckless I didn't care whom I hurt and why I hurt them. I just wanted to use my power. I just wanted to show I am superior and I can do whatever I want to."

He looked at me with those guilty eyes. It made my heart ache for this man. "Everyone started to fear me. I have a bad reputation. So bad that even council decided to remove me from power"

I made him lie down on my lap slowly stroking his hairs and rolling my thumb over his neck where my mark was. He shivered at response. "What happened then?" I asked.

"I did something that I am regretting till now the reason that I gone on that vacation at the first place" He said in small voice.

Word Count: 1018 words