Part 5

Dream time!

Mike was talking a walk around his colony. Sure they've fallen on hard times with a small famine and a drought. But the thing that was strange is that the famine and drought happened at the same time and before it happened they got readings that something broke through their atmosphere. They sent a search party but they found nothing.

As Mike was walking his way back to his house he noticed other people were looking to the sky and as he followed their gaze he saw what looked like a small meteorite falling to the ground but then exploded and landed was a large mech. And soon more and more of the same thing fell from the sky and then one of them opened up and out stepped a marine who shouted, "this planet is now controlled by the IMC, anyone who attempts to run away or to fight back with be killed on sight." he said as the other mechs drew guns. "says who." someone said stepping forward "says this bullet." he said firing his gun at the guy as blood sprayed everywhere and people started to panic and the soldiers started to open fire on the citizens and mike just ran back inside as bullets struck the walls and he could hear the screams of the other colonists as they were mowed down. Until he noticed that they stopped firing and that there was something that sounded like a meteorite heading right for them, and then there was a massive, almost crashing sound.
He looked out one of the windows he saw a giant mech like the ones the other brought with them but this one was different, it wasn't white and it didn't say IMC. It was green and orange and had a skull thing on it.
"enemy titan, take it out!" one of them yelled right before the titan drew it's gun.
Soon more of them fell and there was a firefight in the town. and when the smoke cleared the IMC were beaten back and the militia won, but he was the only survivor.
"what's your name?" one of the soldiers asked him.
"Mike, mike Briggs sir." he replied "any relation to Sarah Briggs?" "yes sir, she was my aunt but she was killed in active duty.".
"not by a long shot, she's the one that authorized this entire mission.". The pilot replied.
"wait, really? Can i see her or something." he asked "why do you want to see her so bad?" the pilot asked.
"she's the last of my family, the others have either gone off the radar or were killed by the imc." he said.
"well, how would you like to avenge them, and then help prevent others from the same fate?" the pilot asked.
"that would be great, sir." he said as the pilot chuckled "hey calm down your not in the milita yet kid." he said.