Part 10

"PILOT, YOUR MENTAL STATE IS SPIKING, IS SOMETHING BOTHERING YOU?" TI asked as Mike was trying to get some of the students to properly put on the jump kit. "no your legs are supposed to go through the- no that not- WHY IS THIS SO HARD FOR YOU, YOU ALL WEAR UNDERWEAR," he said and after another 10 minutes and an exploding jump kit all the students were wall running and double jumping around their makeshift base. "Ok, finally making some progress here," he said as they stopped running into walls and landing so hard they needed jaune to help heal them.
"ok you've gotten the jump kit part down, but you're not ready to pilot a titan-" he said as TI set up a hologram showing their times. "-I want all of you to get your time to a minute or under," he said before telling TI to watch them as he walked away.

"Ok so it's settled then, when they find us if the rest of the plan fails we'll desperse into the general population," graves said to ash and briggs as they discussed plans. "commander Graves, sir," Mike said walking in getting their attention, "yes pilot?" he replied "I am asking for permission to borrow a couple of titans for the day to train new pilots," "I didn't authorize any new pilots," he said "I did sir," briggs said "the pilots are some of the students that helped save me from the apex predators," she said and Graves rubbed his eyes.
"you may take one titan, the second titan will have to be TI," he said and Mike left after thanking him.

"Ok TI, what are their times?" he said walking to TI. "XAIO LONG'S TIME HAS GONE FROM 3 MINUTES TO 1:03 AND SCHNEE HAS-" "neat how many are under a minute," he interrupted.
"ONLY 6, RUBY ROSE, BLAKE BELLADONNA, COCO ADEL, JAUNE ARC, LI REN, AND PYRRHA NIKO'S," TI said. "alright, ruby, Blake, velvet, jaune, Ren, and pyrrha come with me," he said as they walked into an open field.

"alright you six have shown you understand the first half of being a pilot, but now it's time for you to learn the other half," he said and TI picked him up and put him in his chassis and closed the bottom hatch. "the second part is about piloting a titan, now we only have one titan so we'll need to go one at a time, pyrrha why don't you go first," he said as she nodded and used the jump kit to climb into the already open cockpit and the titan closed the hatch and drew it's weapon. "Ok now lift your right arm... good now the other... Neat now take 2 steps forward, everyone else take some steps back because this is where most pilots-" just as he was about to say it pyrrha fell down to the ground. "-that, they fall, are you OK?" he asked as he and TI helped her up." yeah I'm OK, let's try this again." she said as she shakely took 3 steps forward until she started to stabilize and she could walk like normal. "Ok jump out, blake it's your turn," he said and he repeated the cycle multiple times until they could all do it. "Ok now here we have a training gun, in the titan there will be Sim enemies but only those in titans can see them, begin!" he said as jaune was first up and he took out two but then started to get messy. "remember you have a vortex shield," mike said as he activated  the shield and started to do better but then when a legion showed up he started to do poorly. "you'll need to time the shield and dodging if you want to stand a change against a titan stronger than you." he said as jaune ended up getting destroyed by the legion.
"total score, 6/20 enemies destroyed." TI said as jaune climbed out of the chassis.
"alright ruby you're next," he said

"not bad," he said as she scrolled through all the scores of the students.
"the best one was pyrra at 12/20 but the worst one was coco at 5/20 but if we were to give her a gating gun then maybe-" he thought until briggs called all pilots into the war room.

"alright pilots listen up, we might have a way to get off this planet," she said as ash continued to explain. "if we manage to use what's left of the redeye to upgrade the crows we might be able to catch up with what's left of the 5th militia fleet," she said. "so far that seems to be our only plan but we'll leave that as a last resort," graves said as they then started to lay out procalls.

"Ok where were we," Mike said as he saw TI testing a new batch of students. "TI what are you doing?" "THE FIRST SIX PILOTS COMPLETED TITAN ON TITAN COMBAT SO I SENT THEM TO GO STUDY REPLAYS OF WHAT ACTUAL PILOTS ARE LIKE, BY THE TIME I FINISHED SEVEN MORE PILOTS GOT THEIR TIME UNDER A MINUTE AND I AM RUNNING THEM THROUGH THE SIMULATION NOW," he said as Mike then jumped into TI's cockpit and saw the new pilot struggling to take out one titan." aim for the hatches or vents, they'll do the most damage," he said and they soon got killed.
"oh boy this is going to be a long day," Mike said taking off his helmet and rubbed his eyes.