Chapter 12: Open Up Your Eyes

*Disclaimer: This chapter is based on the song Open Up Your Eyes. Yes, it's from the Mlp movie. I've never seen the movie, nor will I ever. The song is really cool though and I feel like it speaks Infinite to me. So, yeah. Enjoy.*

Shadow entered the room alone, closing the door behind him. 'You better have a good explanation, Sonic' he thought to himself. He spotted the blue hedgehog huddled in a corner, softly rubbing the scar on the side of his head. He stood in front of Sonic, his arms crossed while not meeting Sonic's eyes.

"Can you please look at me?" Sonic mumbled as he looked up at Shadow. Shadow merely grunted in response and didn't move in defiance. Sonic sighed sadly as he pulled his knees closer to his chest.

"What's your excuse, faker. It better be good," Shadow said with a tired sigh as he finally looked at Sonic.

"I want to say I'm sorry for everything I put you through. I didn't mean for this to have-"

"Oh, shut up. Of course you didn't mean for any of this to happen. You didn't mean for the world to fall to Eggman. You didn't mean for us to survive on our own. You didn't mean to make me leader of the damn resistance. Just, shut up!" Shadow yelled harshly. Sonic's ears drew back as his eyes had widen with fear from Shadow's tone. Shadow rubbed his eyes, sighing angrily to himself.

"I'm sorry, Shad. For everything that has happened, I am truly sorry. I'm willing to die just so you guys can forgive me. I can't erase what I've done, but I really want to put the past behind me," Sonic said weakly. Shadow looked at him, a shadow looming over his eyes.

"Why did you do it? What made you do this?"

"I want to protect you and the resistance. Eggman threatened to kill you all if I didn't do it. I didn't want to hurt you, that was the last thing on my mind. For once, you have to believe me...Please," Sonic whimpered.

"Sonic...Tell me what you know about Infinite.."

*********EGGMAN'S BASE**********

"What?! You lost the emerald?!" Eggman yelled I'm surprised confusion.

"Yes, doctor. I apologize for our weakness on the field," Infinite said as Metal and Android Shadow nodded in agreement.

"You better, so help me. Blast that hedgehog. He turned against us! Even after that threat I made to destroy the resistance!" Eggman scoffed as he typed on his computer.

"May I suggest we track down another emerald? The more emeralds we have, the more of an advantage we would have against Sonic," Orbot suggested.

"The robot is right. You should get tracking, doctor. I need to speak with my squad in the meantime," Infinite said as he teleported away, along with Metal and Android.

"He better not be too hasty in whatever he plans on doing next. I'm already on the ropes now with Sonic in the resistance again," Eggman said tiredly as he rubbed his eyes.

"Don't worry, boss! I'm sure you'll get around that hedgehog soon enough! Er...If we get an emerald that is..." Cubot mumbled in defeat as Orbot facepalmed himself.

********RESISTANCE HQ**********

"He knows you, or at least he claims to know you. He really has something against you. Do you remember ever fighting him in the past?" Sonic said as he sipped his water bottle.

Across the table they were sitting, Shadow tapped his fingers on the table.

"Damn it, I don't know. He's not ringing a bell at all, Sonic. I couldn't even look at his face because of that mask," Shadow grumbled in defeat.