Blood of I Love You

Shanks forcefully pushes her off him before wiping his face with the back of his hand.

"Look, whatever happened between us is over now. I've moved on and am perfectly happy of where I am." Shanks claimed looking to Mihawk and the kids.

He smiled turning back to her where she frowned to his answer. Mihawk didn't like where this was going. Luffy was about to go in and help but he grabbed the back of his shirt. Keeping Zoro and Luffy behind him. In case she tried anything.

She laughed softly, "If I can't have you, then no one can."

Pulling out between her breasts was a switchblade. She flicked it open as Shanks eyes went wide turning to his family. Slamming the door before them he locked it from the inside. Mihawk banged on the door trying to get inside. But Shanks kept his hand to the doorknob.

"Shanks! Open the door!"

"Dad!" Luffy cried.

Mihawk turned to Luffy, "Do you still have your keys to the house?"

Luffy nodded.

They raced back to the house as Luffy and Zoro went upstairs to find the keys. Mihawk got to his phone before calling 911. Perona perked up from her music noticing everyone scrambling around. Luffy came down with the keys while Mihawk handed the phone off to him.

"Go get help while I help your father. Can you do that?" Mihawk asked.

Luffy nodded, "I will."

Mihawk headed out the door but stopped when the back of his shirt was tugged on. He turned to Luffy holding the phone. Tears in his eyes while his lip quivered.

"Take care of my dad okay?"

"I will."

Mihawk left getting to the house. Frantically  putting the keys in the locks before unlocking the door. He swung open the door and he froze in fear. Blood was pooled on the floor. and  smeared down the halls. His golden eyes flicked around before putting the keys between his fingers. In case he had to fight. Mihawk headed down the hall to the kitchen. Shanks stood leaning against the wall. He was tying off something before collapsing on the floor. Mihawk caught him before helping him onto the floor. Mihawk noticed the small cuts on his arms and a large gash across the palm of his hand.

"Oh. you got in." Shanks hummed.

"Where is she?" Mihawk grunted.

"She left after I told her off."

Mihawk clicked his tongue cupping his face and kissing his forehead. Shanks purred as Mihawk pulled back and sighed in relief.

"Help is going to be on the way. Luffy is safe at home. And-"

"I love you." Shanks said.

He reached up and cupped his face, "I absolutely love you. I never felt this way about anyone before. Well besides Luffy. But. He's my son. So there's a difference."

Shanks rested against his arm. He looked up to Mihawk with a heavy lidded gaze. Mihawk perked up to the siren's blaring outside the house. Police and paramedics raced inside to help Shanks. While Mihawk gave the police details about the woman. Once they finished they left and Mihawk went to check on Shanks.

He sat on the ledge of the ambulance while a woman was stitching up his hand. Mihawk sat beside him taking his injured hand. Shanks turned to him and smiled.

"Ah, my knight in shining armor." Shanks chimed.

He twinged to a new stitch in his hand turning back to the woman. Mihawk rumbled softly taking Shanks chin and turning him to look at him. They kissed softly before Mihawk pulled back a little. His golden eyes filled with rage and a bit ticked off.

"If another woman lays her hands on you again, I'm not afraid to cut them off." Mihawk huffed.

"Oh, is that a hint of jealousy I hear."

The woman stitching up Shanks hand cleared her throat earning Mihawk's attention.

"Eh, I meant sexual senorita, I thank you for helping my husband's hand." He said.

Shanks perked up to that as the woman rolled her eyes and continued to work on Shanks hand. He grinned as Mihawk turned back to him and frowned to the large grin on his face.

"What?"

"Oh nothing." Shanks purred.

Mihawk looked behind Shanks as he turned behind him. Luffy stood on the doorstep with Zoro behind him. They looked worried watching from a distance, curious of what was going on. The woman finished up with Shanks hand and bandaged it up before letting him go. Mihawk paid the bill while Luffy darted over to Shanks. They embraced while Luffy cried.

"Ah, buddy. I'm alright. Just a little scratch that's all." Shanks said.

Luffy looked up at him with puffy eyes and lip quivering, "But pops, your hand!"

"It's just a scratch, besides. I have another one."

Shanks held out his uninjured hand, Luffy sniffled going back to crying. Zoro approached embracing him too.

"Don't scare us like that again." Zoro huffed.

As night fell, Shanks sat on the bed while Mihawk rewrapped his bandage. He glanced up to Shanks before back to his wound.

"You are a brave, but idiotic, man. I can't help but fall for someone like you." Mihawk huffed.

"Awe, you love me." Shanks said.

"I take it back."

"Hey, no!"