*nine*

!warning! mention of suicide in this chapter!

jimin held taehyung as they stood in front of the younger's doctor's ordination. jungkook's screams were echoing through the hall. tae was desperately trying to cover his ears and crying uncontrolablly. jimin tried to calm him down, but gave up after a few minutes when silent tears started escaping his eyes too. the two best friends just stood there, crying and holding each other hoping for the door to finally open.

taehyung lost track of time completely. he could only feel the cold tears rolling down his cheeks and jimin's embrace. jungkook's pained screams echoed in his ears and the boy knew he would never be able to forget that sound. he knew this would haunt him in his dreams forever.

jimin was scared. in fact, he was terrified. of course he recognised jungkook's voice, he was in love with the boy after all, but seeing tae, his best friend, the sunshine he always was, so crushed and desparate made him realize how serious this had to be. at first, he tried to block out the screams and comfort tae, but it was not possible to ignore something so horrible. so jimin cried.

suddenly, everything went quiet. the boys were taken by a surprise. they both stopped crying and stood frozen in front of the room just looking at the door.

what now? did it stop? can we come in?

their breaths were heavy and uneven, their eyes puffy and red from crying. they both stood there, unable to move.

the door opened.

taehyung was first to react. ignoring the doctor at the door, he ran past him. the doctor, who recognized him immediately, didn't have the heart to stop him. he himself had tears in his eyes. the older man hated his job. when he was still studying, he was always told his job would be to help others, but right now?

he had to kill two amazing people already only to prolong one boy's suffering. he wiped his tears away and closed the door behind himself, wanting to give the two lovers some privacy when he spotted another fluffy-orange haired boy standing in front of the door.

"hey, did you come with taehyung?" he asked the kid softly seeing he's been crying too. jimin nodded. " just give them a few minutes, okay? they have a lot to talk about." jimin nodded again, the doctor sent him a warm smile before entering his office and breaking down crying.

***************

"kook! kook? kookie, can you hear me?"

jungkook's face was basically white. his skin was cold, his eyes closed. his wrists were freshly bandaged same as his bare chest. a few droplets of blood could be seen under the bed. the only thing assuring taehyung that his boyfriend wasn't dead yet were the uneven movements of his chest.

"kookie" taehyung cried as he cupped jungkook's face in his hands. "kookie, oh my god."

"tae" his voice was barely above a whisper, but the older heard him. jungkook's eyes didn't open. he didn't have the strenght to open them. tae was crying, he could hear it in his voice. he would cry too but his body didn't have enough liquids even for that at the moment. he couldn't bare seeing a broken tae. his heart probably wouldn't be able to take it. (a/n same tho) "i-it's fine. i-i'm still alive."

"so it is true" tae whispered, holding jungkook's hand close to his heart. "dad kept assuring me that you were lying, that you made this all up. he seemed so convincing that i- i believed him, jungkook. i believed him, that monster, over you. oh god, if i only woke up a few minutes earlier, i could've saved you, i could've taken you away, i could've-"

"no" jungkook stopped him. "stop blaming yourself. none of this is your fault."

"but it is. jungkook, it is. it is me who's sick. it is me who's father is a terrible monster willing to sacrifice someone like you for his son. kook, i've been sucking life away from you for so long! i've been feeding off of you without even suspecting anything and you're my boyfriend. how could i ever forgive myself."