*three*

important author's note in the end! :) (look at tae, how is he so freakin cute 😩)

it was wednesday afternoon.

taehyung was not surprised when a raven haired boy from across the street knocked on his door and broke down crying in his arms. this happened almost every thursday eversince they met. and over the past week, every day.

taehyung embraced the younger and hugged him while whispering little nothings into his ear. he was worried about the dark haired boy. jungkook was getting visibly paler and skinnier. he didn't look healthy at all. and on top of that, he kept having emotional breakdowns.

taehyung knew his boyfriend had a secret. he's always had this secret and and the older didn't want to push him and ask him about it as much as he wanted to know what it was. whenever jungkook was having a hard time, the brunet would hold him and comfort him. the younger would always calm down. he'd be fine in the end.

taehyung never asked about it. it was jungkook's desicion if he wanted to share this secret. and he obviously didn't. so the brunet wasn't going to push him.

but something changed. something big was going on and the older felt it. every time jungkook came over, he was crying. he kept repeating that he needs to talk to taehyung, that he wants to tell him something. but when he finally managed to calm down, he couldn't bring himself to talk about it. and taehyung didn't have the heart to ask him.

"it's okay, kookie. you're okay. i'm here. don't cry." taehyung kept jungkook close to him as he caressed his back gently.

"tae...t-taetae. i need to te-ell you s-something" jungkook sobbed into his chest.

"i know, but you need to take your time, baby, okay? calm down and then we can talk. or we don't have to if you won't want to. it's all up to you. just take your time, kookie."

"i-it can't wa-wait. t-tae."

"of course it can, kook. i'm not leaving you. it's fine. we have a lot of time. it's not like one of us is dying."

to taehyung's surprise, jungkook started crying even harder after his statement. the younger pulled away from him and looked straight in his eyes. they were full of sadness, desperation, regret, fear... taehyung's heart clenched when he couldn't spot a single positive emotion in them. what was going through the younger's head?

"d-don't say that. d-don't." jungkook shook his head frantically.

"i'm so sorry, jungkookie!" taehyung panicked. "i didn't mean to upset you like this, i'm so sorry."

"d-don't say something that's no-t tr-ue" jungkook sobbed quietly as he shut his eyes close. his body was shaking.

taehyung froze in horror.

"kookie...my sickness is stabilized right now." taehyung assured the younger carefully, not understanding what was going through the younger's head.

jungkook kept crying and shaking his head.

"i'm s-so sorry." he whispered. "so fucking sorry."

taehyung now knew it was serious. jungkook never swore. wait, what if-

taehyung grabbed jungkook's wrist and pulled up his sleeve.

they were there. the scars.

no.

"kookie..." taehyung felt his eyes watering. "why...why would you..."

"i-i'm not hurting myself." jungkook whispered, his eyes still closed as he tried his best not to break down again. "i would ne-never do that to-o you."