35

May's POV

"We are gathered here today in this church to celebrate the life of Lisa Davis." The paster says as tears run down my cheeks.

My sister is sitting next to me swinging her feet back and forth. My father is no where to be found but my aunt and uncle are crying with me.

"Lisa Davis was a loving mother, a member of this very church, and a giver. She welcomed anyone who came into her life with open arms and had so much light in her heart." The paster says and I can not control the tears that are falling even harder than they were before.

"Lisa's very own daughter would like to say some words about her mother. May if you would."

I stand in front of everyone and try to control my tears long enough for me to talk. Before I realize it I am running out of the church with tears leaving puddles on the ground behind me.

I suddenly wake up and start to cry as the image of my mom's funeral plays out in my head. I stand from the bed and wrap the blanket around my naked body. I walk into the bathroom and wash my face from all of the redness that has formed.

I enter the room again and quickly grab one of Anthony's shirt and slid back on my underwear. I walk downstairs and open the door to the backyard the cold air making me feel less dizzy as I try to gather my thoughts.

 "May. Why are you calling me? I was sleeping you know." My sister says with a sleepy voice.

"I know I'm sorry. I just needed someone to talk to." 

That's not my exact reason but I really do need someone to talk to.

"Okay what did you want to talk about?" She says and I hear her moving on her bed.

"Have you had any dreams about mom recently?" I ask trying not to cry.

"Once or twice since we got here. Have you had any? Is this because her birthday is comng up?" She asks me.

"I have had a couple and yes it is because her birthday is coming up."

I'm so not ready for this to happen right now but I will have to fly back to Michigan.

"I know it's hard. Hey May sorry to cut our talk short but I have to go before dad wakes up and gets mad again." She hangs up the phone before I can ask what dad got made at aside from me and Anthony.

I get back inside and walk up the stairs to see if Anthony is awake.

Anthony's POV

I hear the door open to my bedroom but I keep my eyes closed so I do not have to deal with the bright light coming through the window. I feel warm lips leaving kisses on my neck and trailing down to my chest before my eyes open and a smile is spread across my face.

"Morning to you too." I say in my heavy morning voice.

 "Morning." She says stopping her actions and kisses me on the lips.

My phone rings on the nightstand next to me and I groan but answer it anyways. I unlock my phone and see that I have a text from Joey.

Hey dude. I heard that your sentence ended last week and I was wondering if you would come to the kickass party I am throwing tonight. You can bring that beautiful girlfriend of yours too (; You in?

I should have known that he was throwing a party tonight. I respond back to him saying I'm in.

"Who was that?" She says scooting closer towards me and turning on the TV.