56

May's POV

Today marks the day before the new year. This day also means that Thomas can come home from the hospital. Kayla and I are working on getting this place ready for his arrival.

We set out a blanket and a pillow for him on the couch. Kayla is in the kitchen making him something to eat. I finish up in the living room before heading in to join her.

This is the first time she has left him since the accident. It really hit both her and Anthony hard to see him like that. My phone starts to buzz and I pull it out from my back pocket.

We will be there in five. Anthony sends me.

See you guys than. I reply back to him.

"Did he say what time they were getting here?" She says as we walk in to the living room.

She sets down food and a drink for Thomas before looking back at me.

"He said five minutes." I tell her and she nods her head.

I understand she wants him to be comfortable but she needs to relax.

"You're coming over later for the party right?" I ask her.

She continues to stare out the window in the living room while I wait for an answer. Anthony and the other guys thought it would be great to throw a party here.

"Yeah." She says.

"Matt coming?" I ask her and she finally looks away from the window.

"No he isn't. I don't need another awkward situation." She says pacing back and forth.

We hear a car pull into the driveway and walk over to open the door. We step outside and see Thomas getting out of the car.

He is wearing sweatpants and a grey plaid shirt with some high tops on. They both walk up the walkway and Thomas gives Kayla a hug.

"What's that?" I ask Anthony referring to the bag in his hand.

"This is his prescription." He says closing the front door behind him.

We all walk into the living room and Thomas lays down on the couch.

"You going to be okay for the party tonight?" Anthony says to Thomas.

I hit him on his arm and he just stares at me.

"Yeah I'll be fine." Thomas sits up and begins to eat.

Anthony's phone begins to ring and he stands up to walk outside. Kayla sits in the chair next to the couch and is asking Thomas if he is okay.

"I'm okay just a headache." He says standing up to walk to the kitchen.

She stands and I walk over to stop her from grabbing the plate from him.

"The only way he can adjust is if he does things on his on." I tell her and she nods her head in agreement.

We walk into the kitchen and see him washing the dishes.

"People will be arriving in an hour." I say and Thomas shuts the water off.

Him and Kayla head up the stairs into his room just like they used to when they were together. Anthony comes walking back in and into the kitchen.

"That was a long phone call." I tell him and eat a grape.

"It was Joey telling me about everyone coming." He says grabbing a drink from the fridge.

He walks over and gives me a kiss on the cheek before heading up the stairs. He has never taken a call outside when we were together before.