Fallen and Left Behind

I sat up, hyperventilating a little from the fall. That long, painful fall. The feeling was similar to the game being quit on me. A numbness, broken only by pain.

I was in a small room, containing only a computer and other technological things. And on the computer...

"Ugh..." I heard Natsuki stir. My brain couldn't register anything else- I was too numb to realise anything more. Her voice echoed in my ears.

"Yuri! Wake up! Sayori! Come- Monika?"

I stared at the screen, hoping, wishing, willing for anything else. My brain screamed at me to look away.

"Monika?" Yuri's voice, then Sayori's, questioned. I turned away from it, looking at the girls.

Yuri was kneeling next to Jack, trying to wake him up.

Natsuki was staring at me with a worried look on her face. Sayori must've seen the computer, because her face was sheet-white.

"Where's-" Natsuki got cut off by Yuri stumbling forward, towards the screen. "Monika-" She choked. I took her by the shoulders and pushed her away from it. She put both her hands over he mouth, tears running down her face. Natsuki looked at it as well. It took her a while to realise, but then she outright screamed. "That's-EYAHH!"

Jack gave Sayori a look and a heavy sigh.

I put my hand over the screen.

Over my home.

Over my game.

Over the pixels that made up...

Sekai.

"Do we want to go back?" Sayori asked Natsuki. Natsuki crossed her arms. "Of course we do! It's our home, our game."

"It's the place we were controlled by the coding of the game." Yuri said. "Do you want to turn back into an automaton?"

Natsuki frowned. "I don't... I guess you're right. Okay, yeah. But what do we do now?"

Jack sighed. "We leave this room, for starters."

Gasps echoes around the room.

Jack rolled his eyes at Sayori, who stood up and opened the door!

I stood up and walked towards it. Outside, it was dark.

"There's anothe room over there," Sayori pointed out. "Let's move over there, okay?"

We all nodded, some more reluctantly, but still.

"Wait." Yuri said. "What about Sekai?"

I turned back to the screen, to Sekai posing on the menu screen. "There's nothing we can do, Yuri."

"There has to be-"

"There isn't." I wiped away the traces of my tears. "I'm sorry, but if Sekai didn't come with us the first time, she's stuck in there forever."