Rewrite

I looked in the storage cupboard. Dark. I flicked the light on, and...

Nothing. Why was I here? What made me sprint out of line and race up here? There was nothing here.

I turned the light off and walked out of the music room.

The sound of footsteps on stairs shook me out of my thoughts. Yuri ran up the stairs. "Jack? What's wrong? You ran off..."

I blinked. "Uh, I was about to throw up." My brain wasnt responding very well. I shook my head and leant against the wall.

"Oh! Do you need me to take you to the office?"

I hadn't wanted to throw up, but now I did.

"Yes...please, Yuri."

"Oh, Jack, you've gone pale!" She ran forward and caught me before my legs gave out. "Jack, what's wrong?"

"I..." I was cold. I started shivering violently.

"Jack!" Yuri held me close to her, trying desperately to warm me up.

"Sorry..." I muttered. "I'm going to...sleep..."

"Sleep it off." A voice said. "I'm sorry, it's my fault, but you'll be fine after you sleep. I promise."

"He's awake!" Natsuki pronounced.

"Thank goodness." Yuri said, relief clearly written in her tone.

"Jack?" Monika asked. "Come on, Jack, you've slept it off, now wake up!"

I opened my eyes. Everyone beamed back at me.

"Sleep what off?" I asked Monika, sleepily.

She blinked. "Uh, well, your illness, of course! What else would it have been?"

"You were really bad." Natsuki said, shuddering a little. "By the time we got out of class, you were..."

"I had to hide you." Yuri said, calmly. "If anyone had found you, you would've gone straight to hospital. And then there would've been questions, and inquiries."

"What happened to me?"

"You were pale, and freezing cold, and you were complaining of-"

"I couldn't make out what you were saying." Yuri said, interrupting Monika. "I found you at the music room. I had to hide you in the storeroom, which ended being a mistake because..." she swallowed. "You didn't like being in there at all. You kicked and yelled...I'm sorry."

"Why...didn't I like that?"

"He doesn't remember." Natsuki said.

"Well, it was because-"

Everyone looked at Monika.

She seemed to freeze up, and rethink what she was saying. "It was dark in there."

Yuri shrugged. "I suppose so. Either way, the room was soundproof, for some reason, and I saw a class come in so I could get you back out."

My eyes fell upon a bruise on her face...and a few more in her hands and legs. "Oh, Yuri... I'm sorry."

I said, starting to comeback to myself again. "I have no idea why or...how, or even when, really."

"It's been about 10 hours." Natsuki said. "Alex had to knock you out a few times. You got really bad towards the end."

A couple of fresh gashes had appeared on Natsuki's face.

"Oh...I'm So, so-"

"No, it's okay. You weren't yourself. We knew that much."

I sat up, resisting Natsuki's efforts to keep me down.

"I'm okay, Natsuki. Really." She gave up and sat back. "You'll be fine to go to school, I reckon."

Brilliant.