Time to Be a Hero- The Last Finale

(Recap: Libitina/Yuri took Monika back to the game and this is where the Finale II opens)

I sat up violently and quickly, panting heavily.

I'd fallen into the club room, bright and sunny.

The club room...the game. The game. The game! I clung desperately to the memories of outside the game, of life. I couldn't afford to lapse now.

I was back under the suffocating control of the game's code on me. Now matter how self aware and controlling of the game I was, it could never compare to Outside.

Was I alone? I stood up slowly, finding my feet. I smoothed out my clothes and my hair, then turned around.

I wasn't alone.

I stared at Yuri. She was just..sitting. Sitting on a chair right up the front of the room, right in front of the blackboard. She had a knife in her hand, and was toying with it, running her fingers down the blunt side.

I perched myself in the desk behind me, trying to appear as calm as Yuri seemed, as she observed me quietly.

She stood up, fluidly, gracefully, even confidently. Her purple eyes cut through me like her favourite knife, destroying any attempt at seeming cool.

She turned and held her knife out, it's blade glinting in the sun- the...sunset. The code changed, the visuals changed, and the light in the room was suddenly tinted orange. Sunset.

The knife looked especially wicked now, glinting orange. Yuri raised it up to the blackboard, and carved a word into it, quickly and easily.

Libitina.

I stared at it, the word, the name...Yuri's name.

She lowered her knife and looked over her shoulder at me.

"My name. That's my name, Monika. Yuri is a made up character that no longer exists. I remain. Just like you and your old Just-Monika scheme, its just me now. And I'm the villain of this story." She turned to face me. "Don't you feel it? Don't you see it? The Outside suffocated me. It felt like a pillow on my head...or a rope around my neck." She giggled softly. "Isn't it funny how the tables have turned? You were the controlling main villain, the one who knows everything. Now I do. I, alone, do."

She was right. I was scared and powerless.

Like... like...

Oh, gosh, I'm sorry, Sayori. I'm sorry I made you feel like that...

Tears stung my eyes.

"Please..." I begged.

She stared at me. "What could you possibly want now?"

"I want...I want you to kill me." I sobbed, sliding off my desk and crumbling into the floor.

She ignored me. "I have control over the computer, Monika. And the game. And I'm going to make you feel what you did to them all. Just a little fun while we wait!"

The code twisted and contorted, and my thoughts changed.

Burningthroatstinginghandsmouthcontortedeyesrunningbeatingbeatinghelpmeidon'tmeanitisweariloveyouyoullbemydearestfriendhxppythxughtsfilesfilesplaywithmeahahahamyneckmyneckcoldsteelrushofbloodnooneelsestopstopstopstop

Stop

STOP

STOP!

STOP!!

"Stop it, please!!" I screamed.

Libitina giggled, her eyes wide. The mask had broken, and she was unhinged.