Suppression

There we go!" Alex dumped the armful of clothes on the ground. "Everyone grab something!"

We all crowded around the table, with the exception of Jack, who had borrowed some clothes from Alex before he went uptown to the store he called 'Vinnies'

(AN: To those who aren't aware, it's a shop where things get donated and sold for a few dollars.)

Thanks to extensive requests from everyone, Alex had just about nailed everything. Sayori grabbed a plain pink shirt and blue shorts, I got a cute brown dress with spaghetti straps, Yuri got a dark sweater and jeans and Natsuki got a ruffled pink top and skirt.

We all got changed and came back together, and held a mini catwalk.

"Yeah!" Sayori yelled. "Go, Yuri!"

Yuri looked very unhappy as she shuffled down the hall and quickly walked into the kitchen. Sayori bounded down, dragging Natsuki with her, who was blushing like crazy.

"Perfect!" Alex said, putting his hands around my waist. "You all look just like ordinary girls my age! You'll definetly be able to go to school!"

"Um." Yuri said. "I'm a senior, you know. I'm much older than the rest of you."

"Doesn't matter." Alex waved it off. "You'll all show up with me. My school has extremely lax security standards. It's almost illegal."

"Thank goodness!" I said.

"Hey Sayori! Get up!"

Ohhh no.

I ran to where Jack was shaking Sayori in her bed. She seemed fast asleep, but I knew enough of her...history...to know she wasn't.

She was starting to go down into depression.

And Sayori's death kickstarted everyone's else's...well, issues, I guess.

There isn't anyway I can stop it anymore. This is ingrained into their personality now, not some line of code.

I have to protect Alex from this, all of this. He can't witness it, he can't.

I have to protect my darling.

"Alex Corel?"

"Here?"

"Uh... who are they?"

Alex smiled, still charming even when he was out of breath. We'd had to run to make it on time.

"This is...uh... my new adoptive siblings. Yuri, Natsuki, Monika, Sayori and Jack Salvato."

"Goodness, that's a lot of people. Did you really?"

"Well, of course."

"I'll add them to our role."

"Thank you, Miss."

We all found seat and sat down.

This was easy. Way too easy. I shook my head in disbelief. Alex was a genius.

I didn't pay much attention in lessons. I really should've- we were going to stay here for as long as we could, after all- but I just couldn't concentrate.

(XXXXXXXX'S POV)

It's been reopened. For the first time in who knows however many years, it's open.

This is how I feel alive.

This is how I get back into our world.