Slicing The Bread

"Just put in your mouth, okay?" Alex said to us.

We all slowly put the food- bread, I think it was- in our mouths. Sayori choked immediately, but just as Jack looked over with panic on his face, she waved him off and swallowed. "It tastes...uh..."

"Good?" Yuri ventured, chewing her bread and swallowing no problem. I swallowed my own bread. It was a little hard, which took away from the taste a bit. Natsuki didn't like hers very much, but she still ate it.

"I thought you guys had all eaten before." Alex said.

"Huh? Why?" Sayori asked.

"Because everyone ate Natsuki's cupcakes!"

Natsuki did a double take. "Hold on- what?"

Sayori frowned. "It'd make sense if you didn't remember, I guess, but I barely even remember the cupcakes."

"Uh...I do."

Everyone stared at me.

"They were small, white and fluffy, with cat decorations on top. Little pieces of chocolate were the ears... they were so good, Natsuki."

Natsuki smiled a little. "Really, Monika?" I nodded firmly.

"No doubt!"

"Oh." Alex said. "It's four in the morning, and I have school tomorrow, so-"

"Wait-" I said. "You're taking us to school, right?"

He laughed. "Course I am!" He walked over and took my hand. "Let's find a place for you guys to sleep, okay?"

The light shone through the blinds, lighting up the scene in the lounge room.

Natsuki was on the lounge, curled up like a cat.

Yuri was on the floor, her entire body under the blankets, even her head. Jeez. She wouldn't be able to breathe too well under there, would she?

I crept over to help her, but as I bent down, something shiny caught my eye.

A blade.

A knife.

A stained knife.

No. No!

Panicked, I threw her blankets back and grabbed her arm. Thin and shallow cuts decorated her arm. I gasped and let her go. Yuri merely rolled over.

This means...

"Oh, that's terrible!" Alex said. "I-"

"No!" I grabbed his shoulders. "Don't you get it?! That means all the changes I made to them- their bad sides- it stuck with them!" I sat down on his bed. Alex stifled a yawn, and pushed his blankets aside. "So what do we do?"

"We can't do anything, Alex. All we can do is-" I sighed. "Keep an eye on Yuri for me. I'll ask Jack to watch Sayori and... God help us if Natsuki kept her bad side."

Alex remembered, and shivered. "Natsuki was so creepy."

I frowned. "Hold on...I remember it being terrible... I just don't remember what happened to her."

"Do you want-"

"No! I don't!"

"Sorry." He said quickly.

I sighed yet again. "I do love you, Alex,"

He chuckled. "And, funnily enough, so do I."