Monika, won't you hang around?

The long rectangular room was barely light by a small window. Shelves lined every wall, and contained guitars, keyboards, other small instruments, folders, some rope and even pens.

The light blue carpet beneath Yuri's grey was stained with dark red blood. The same stuff dripped down her front. It was even in the two long locks of hair in front of her. The rest of it was messy, like she'd been running around or exerting herself.

Her purple eyes were wide and crazy, like no other expression I'd ever seen on her face.

And in her hand was a knife

The blade shone blue underneath the blood, and the silver handle was being gripped so tightly you'd think it was Yuri's last lease of life.

Maybe it was.

Yuri giggled a bit, then her eyes rolled up into her head, and she fell forward. Reflexively, I stepped froward and caught her, tears falling down my face.

Yuri is-

My eyes caught something else behind her.

I realised what it was.

Pretender-

Yuri giggled, and wrapped her arms around me. Before I could do anything, she spun around and threw me at the far corner fast enough for me to get knocked heavily against the wall.

I cried out, but Yuri had shut the soundproof door.

I didn't want to look at it.

"Do you like my work, Monika?" Yuri asked, gesturing to the...the bleeding corpse in the floor.

More like a big hunk of bleeding meat.

I screamed, and Yuri laughed.

"Don't be like that!" She yelled. "You've seen this all before!"

I shut up and tried to stand up. Yuri giggled, walked over and smashed my head into the wall.

She was, however, careful not to knock me out. While I was close enough to paralysed, she grabbed the rope from the shelf.

"Do you remember Sayori?" She unwound the rope and giggled again. "Of course you don't."

The name stirred up some very unfriendly memories. I flinched. Yuri wound the rope around my arms and hands.

It rubbed against my skin, hurting a little. I looked down, and saw an old brown bloodstain on it. I gasped and looked away, but it was too late.

"Hahaha!" Yuri laughed crazily.

Images flashed through my mind...

And I remembered everything.

"Yuri! Let me go!" I yelled. "I remember!"

She turned away from me. "Don't you want to know what happened to Sayori and Natsuki?"

I shut up.

She giggled. "Might as well tell you...but first, let me finish up here." She bent down and started carving out organs from the mass of flesh. I gagged. What the hell was wrong with-

Oh, I knew. Me.

I messed around with her code. I made her like this. I did this.

I made her kill that student...whoever he or she was. Tears continued falling down my face.

"Yuri." I tried. "I'm sorry I did this to you. I am, trust me. Just please, untie me, and we'll get out of here before anyone places you as the murderer. Okay?"

Yuri laughed. "Hahahaha...hahahahahahah! Oh, that's funny!"

She turned, her arms full of...

She walked over and dropped it on my head. Blood and flesh and guts fell all over me. The stink was terrible. Rancid meat...

I leant over and vomited. Which only added to the stink.

Yuri wiped the gunk off my face.

"I'm not your puppet." She snarled. "I'm not some character in a game anymore. I'm like you now...like you. Hahaha! I can do everything you can, Monika! Hahahaha!"

My heart dropped. "You..."

Yuri leant in. "I deleted them, Monika." She whispered. "Sayori and Natsuki are gone now."

"But...we're in reality now. Out of the game-"

"That's correct." She said, standing up again. "However, we are still connected to the game in a way I can't believe. I re-entered the game, got rid of Sekai, and learnt how to delete them. And in the process I learnt what you did." She snarled. "Who's could you?!"

I looked down. Yuri wanted revenge with me. I knew it. And the way she was now... she'd torture me.

"I don't want revenge." Yuri said. "Well, more or less, but my main goal is so much more simpler." She pointed to her chest. "My Third Eye is open, Monika. I'm reassuming my old identity, and all I want is to satisfy it."

Third Eye...

"What's-what's that?" I asked, my voice suddenly rasping.

"You know what that is." Yuri said. "Although...maybe your memories haven't caught up yet. Anyway," She pulled out her beautiful knife and flicked the blood off it. "Well, then, I guess it's time to go back, Monika."

"Back?"

"To the game." She said, kicking the flesh to one side. I winced. "Who was that, Yuri?"

"Linda Watson, I think." She shrugged. "Oh, And another thing, Monika."

She crouched in front of me. "Don't call me Yuri!" She slashed my arm with her knife, a shallow cut opening up from my wrist to my elbow. I shrieked in pain.

"But-But what else do I call you?!" I yelled, the pain searing up and down my arm.

Yuri had to pause for a second. "God, Monika, you have no idea how that felt for me..." she shivered. "And how much my Third Eye wants to simply stab and slice and cut my way through you."

Fear tore my abdomen. "What do I call you?" I asked again. "Tell me!"

She pulled me up to stand, slicing through my bonds. "I'm surprised you don't remember, Monika."

I was very confused.

"My name is Libitina."