End Act I

(AN: You know the drill, if you're sensitive in any way, please don't subject yourself to this)

"Sayori? What's wrong?"

I watched from the doorway. She was very close now. If we were in the game, then we would be at the morning before the festival. A day before...

What could I do? Give her false words of sympathy, hope? No, it just wouldn't work! This...

"Hey!" I yelled as Jack grabbed my arm and dragged me into the bathroom. He swung me around and let go, leaving me to stumble around, banging my knee in the process.

"Ow! Jack, why in earth did you do that?!"

He gave me a single look, and I immediately understood. It didn't take an idiot to see the desperation in his eyes.

He loved Sayori.

And he knew exactly what was going to happen.

"Monika, please, help her. You have to do something!" He begged.

I shook my head. "I can't. The depression is inside her, and the clock is ticking down her moments. Look, I'm sorry, but there's nothing I, or anyone, can do."

Jack staggered back. "No. You...you don't care, do you? You want this-"

"Don't be stupid." I stood up. "Jack, I have Alex now. It's not my business anymore."

"No!" He leant forward and grabbed my arm. "Sayori is your friend, Monika. You can't just give up! And especially not-"

"Jack." I shook myself free of him. "I know you love her."

"Yeah, I do." He stared me dead in the eyes. "And I'm not leaving her alone for one second until I'm assured she's safe and sound. Got it, Monika? Just because you want to murder her, doesn't mean I do. And once I know she's okay, I'm going to to-"

"Jack? Can I talk to you?" Yuri's small voice echoed through the door.

"Yeah, I'm coming, Yuri!" With one deadly look at me, he left.

(JACK POV)

I knew it. Monika's changed personality changed as much as Sayori's. Despite having Alex, she still wants everyone dead.

And despite Sayori having me, she's still depressed.

She won't die. Not as long as I'm with her. I'm one hundred percent certain of it.

But...still.

I smiled at the dimly light head of Sayori. Her hair was somehow so soft, her bow red as ever. She was sleeping soundly.

She was okay.

She was okay.

She was okay.

I won't let Monika and her lies get into my head.

'Get!' I yelled at her words. 'Get out of my head!'

"I'll come." I immediately volunteered.

Sayori and Natsuki shook their head.

"We'll be fine!" Natsuki said. "I'll protect your princess, Jack!"

I shut up. Natsuki was Sayori's perfect protection buddy. Even if it was just to the toilet.

Yuri stood up. "I need the bathroom as well, actually. Excuse me."

Even better.

Until I realised I was once again third wheeling on Alex and Monika.

Giving up immediately, I stood up to go get my books from my locker.