Six

I pull on my denim jacket once Miss Marmalade broke off the last part of the thread. "one thing left," she says taking something out of her bag.

"what would that be?" I ask

"makeup," she replies holding a thing of makeup wipes.

"you have makeup?" I question watching as she pulls one of the wipes out of the thing.

"just because I look one hundred doesn't mean I am at heart," she replies and gently wipes away the dripping mascara. "besides, it's my grandaughters, coming into her teenage years," she informs wiping the black liquid from under my eyes.

"that makes sense," I mumble, she cleans under my eyes and re-apply my mascara. "you still remember what I told you?"

"I never forgot a thing you said,"

"Auntie Fay! Auntie Fay!" Zaylee calls walking into the bathroom, I jump off the bench and pick her up.

"this one Jonah's?" she asks

"no, a close friend's, I'm taking care of her for the night," I replied smiling at the red-headed girl in my arms.

"who are you?" Zaylee ask Miss Marmalade

"I'm Miss Marmalade," she replies holding out her hand for Lee to Shake

"she helped me in my high school years, every time I saw her I got a marmalde cookie and a glass of milk," I tell Zaylee putting her down.

"speaking of that," Miss Marmalade says looking through her bag again, "look what I have here," she says holding a bag with 2 marmalade cookies and a bottle of chocolate milk.

I take them from her with a smile and hand them to Zaylee, "we'll save these for later, don't tell anyone but uncle Jay, go wait with him, I'll be out on a minute," I tell Lee, she nods and walks out the room. turnarounf and hug the woman who helped me with everything, she returns the hugs.

"thank you, thank you for everything," I say

"it's my pleasure, and take this, call me if you ever need to talk,"I nod and take the piece of paper from her. putting it in my pocket, I open the door and join Jack and Zaylee.

"what took you so long?" Jack asks

"must have fallen asleep or something, now come on, we need to get to the restaurant," I reply hurrying the two in the direction of the restaurant. 

--skip to back at the house--

I changed into a pair of pyjama shorts and one of Jack's hoodies and got Zaylee into her Pyjamas. Jack went for a shower os Zaylee and I got comfy on the bed and put on Paddington 3, it's one of her favourite movies. soon enough, Jack was sitting on the other side of Zaylee and she was knocked out.

"what really happened today?" Jack asks

"what?" I furrow my eyebrows at him

"today when you went to the bathroom."

"I went to the bathroom and got caught up talking to a lady I saw as a second mother, is that a problem?"

"that's not what really happened."

"or really? then go ahead, tell me what really happened when I went to the bathroom," I say clearly getting annoyed.

"you were with someone else weren't you?"

"what?"

"your cheating on me, I know it."

"cheating on you? why would I cheat on you, Jack?"

"I don't know why, but you are."

"I'm not cheating on you Jack I never would."

in his eyes, I saw, I don't know what I saw, it wasn't disappointment, it wasn't disbelief, it wasn't hurt, it was almost like frustration. he got up and left the room, he didn't say a word. he just shut the door leaving me in darkness. this isn't like Jack. this got me thinking.

is he cheating on me?

-------------------------

sorry, this is a bit short and took longer to update but yea, I've got pretty busy with work and my dad is sick and I'm doing things with my family so yea. 

vote and comment, tell me what you like and don't.

Axx