The Set Up

I felt someone get out of the bed and slowly pulled my eyes open. I looked over where Maddy was laying and saw that she was gone. I sat up and looked at her clock "4:00 a.m". Why is she up so early? I got up and grabbed my shoes from her floor. I walked to the door way and looked down the hall. I saw the bathroom door shut with the light on. I walked to it and knocked, "Maddy, you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." I heard a sleepy Maddy respond and heard water running. I walked into my room and sat my shoes in my closet then put on some sweat pants and a T-shirt. I walked down to the living room and grabbed my phone from where I left it and checked my notifications, one text from Josh and Jenna in our group text telling me goodbye and to have a good night. And two snapchats, one from each of them. I started walking up the steps as I opened the snaps, I opened Joshs' first, he took a selfie with the dog filter at his house, it said "Made it home, goodnight fren." I smiled and opened Jenna's, she also took a selfie but with the heart crown filter and said "goodnight love 💕." I felt my cheeks get slight my warm as my smile got bigger. I was now at the bathroom door again. I started to knock as she opened the door.

"Sorry if I scared you, I had to brush my teeth because they felt really gross." She laughed.

"It's all good. Do you wanna go back to bed?" I asked her.

"Um, I'll probably go lay on the couch and watch a movie if you want to join." She started towards the steps.

"Sure." I followed her to the couch and sat next to her. We decided to watch "Hercules", our favorite Disney movie.

At the end of the movie, I looked over and saw Maddy asleep. I looked at the clock, it was 5:45, I decided to get up. I cleaned up the living room and kitchen as quietly as I could. When I finished washing the dishes it was 7:00. I put my phone on the charger and decided to make breakfast for everyone. I went to the fridge and pulled out the eggs, bacon, butter, and biscuits. I put the biscuits in the oven then cooked the bacon, after I finished the bacon, I started the eggs. Once all that was finished I cut up some strawberries, bananas, and kiwis and mixed them together. I looked at my phone and saw that it was 8:00 so I decided to wake everyone up, I ran upstairs to Jays room, "Wake up sleepy head! Breakfast is on the table!" As soon as I said "breakfast" he shot up and started getting out of bed.

"Wake up Zack, breakfast is downstairs." I knocked on his door.

"Alright, I'll be there soon." I heard him say.

I walked back downstairs and saw that Jay had gotten Maddy up. I walked into the kitchen and grabbed four cups for our drinks. After everyone had eaten, Maddy, Jay, and Zack offered to clean up and told me that I needed to go rest before my date tonight. I didn't disagree, it was only 9:00 and I was beat. I grabbed my phone and went to my room. I set an alarm for 12:00 so that I wouldn't oversleep then laid down in my bed.

****Time Skip To Later That Day****
"Are you excited for your date tonight?" Mom asked me, they had gotten home while I was asleep.

"Yeah, I am. Speaking of that, I should go get ready, I have to meet Josh by 5:30 so he can help me set up for the date." I hopped off the couch and started up the stairs. I went to the bathroom and took a quick shower. I fixed my hair and brushed my teeth. Before I left the room a looked in the mirror, my eyes didn't have bags under them, my skin had a bit more color than usual, and I didn't actually look as thin as usual... maybe I was getting better. I smiled and went to my room, I put on my black skinny jeans and a orange button up shirt.

****like this****

I grabbed my uke, some blankets, my phone, and my jacket then went back downstairs to where my mom was

I grabbed my uke, some blankets, my phone, and my jacket then went back downstairs to where my mom was. "Mom can I use your car?"

"Sure sweetie, just be careful." She grabbed her keys from her purse and gave them to me.

"Thanks, mom." I smiled at her, "I love you, I'll be home later."

"Love you too sweetie."

I got in the car and listen to Panic! all the way to Walmart, where I was meeting Josh. When I got there I saw him parked already so I pulled in beside him. We both got out of our cars and he was wearing a white button up with a bow tie (like the pic of Tyler's ^^^)

"Alright man, you ready?" He smiled.

"I suppose so." I smiled back as we started walking into the store. He grabbed some fairy lights, flowers, and chocolate while I got food and a small Bluetooth speaker system. Once we paid for our things, we went to the small woodsy area in the park next to the lake.

"Do you think she'll like it?" I asked Josh as I looked over what we had done to the place.

"I think she'll love it." He smiled.

We had wrapped the fairy lights around some of the trees, laid out the blankets under an opening in the trees so we could see the stars, we put the food and drinks in a picnic basket that Josh had brought, and set up the speaker and my uke beside it. It was beautiful.

"You don't think it's too cold out, do you?" I asked slightly concerned.

"Nah, it's like, sixty five degrees. I think it feels nice."

"Okay, good. We are definitely going to be having a warmer fall this year."

"Well you never know with this Columbus weather." Josh laughed.

"True, true." I laughed. "Alright it's...6:00, I have to get her at 6:30 so I'm going to go on, I'll be back soon though."

"Alright, have fun, see you in a bit!" He waved at me then started walking towards the blanket that we had set up.

"Don't eat any of our food!" I yelled at him.

"I won't!" He laughed.

I walked to the car and started it. Tonight was going to be perfect.

_____________________________

Oh my gosh you guys! Thank you for the reads, comments, and for voting!! I love you all so much and I'm so glad you like this story!! Stay safe, and stay alive!
~PeteyWentzy