13

For the first time since my mother's first therapy session, I dreaded the upcoming Tuesday. I couldn't tell Harry he couldn't join in on the session. He would think something was up, which nothing was up anyway.

I was anxiously ill, and my stomach had been hurting out of nervousness. I knew Dylan was going to cause a major mess, especially after what he told me last Tuesday.

"I'll give you a week, and next week when I come over for your mother's appointment, I expect you to choose me again."

I knew things were going to go down. Once Dylan sees that I allowed Harry to sit in on the session, he will cause an argument. And Harry doesn't seem like the type of person who would back down from that.

It was barely 8 a.m. and Harry finally rang the doorbell to my house. I had my mother sitting on the couch so she could meet him before Dylan does. She was surprisingly behaving which she normally never does after her breakfast.

I opened the door for him and left him to close the door himself. I walked up to my mother who looked confused at the stranger standing in front of her.

"Tobi? Who is this?" She asked me. Her hard gaze on Harry never faltered as she spoke.

"Mom, this is Harry. He's a good friend of mine," I told her. With a soft smile, Harry approached and sat next to her, but not too close to make her uncomfortable.

"Hello love, I'm Harry," he smiled, extending his hand so she could shake it.

She smiled at Harry's manners and extended her hand to shake his. "Hello Harry. My name is Olivia but you can call me Liv."

I softly patted my mother on her shoulder to get her attention. She looked up at me and she undoubtedly looked happy to be meeting someone new. "Mom, Harry will be sitting in on our session today. Do you care?"

My mother looked back at Harry, silent. She sighed and shook her head. "No, I guess there's no point in hiding what's wrong with me if he's going to be coming over more often."

Harry and I furrowed our eyebrows simultaneously once she said that. "Mom? What do you mean?" I asked her.

She smiled at Harry again, filled with joy. "For about two weeks now, I've been hearing Tobi gossiping about how hot you are to her friend Bonnie." My mother wiggled her brows at Harry and he blushed, his ears and cheeks turning a light shade of red.

"Mom!" I shouted in embarrassment.

She looked back up at me and laughed, which was something I hadn't heard her do without feeling crazy. "What? Oh come on. He is cute. And that accent. I can see why you got attached to him so quick."

I widened my eyes in humiliation. I quickly moved my hand to her mouth and looked at Harry. "Okay I think that's enough talking until Dr. Dylan gets here. Alright?"

I sat across from Harry and my mother, and just watched as Harry and her both got along. It surprised me really. He was so caring and friendly with her and I can see that she was happy to talk to someone who was caring.

He kept telling her dumb jokes and she genuinely laughed at them. I can sense her comfort from where I sat. Every so often, I seen her sit closer and closer to him, which made me happy. She's hadn't seen anyone else other than me, Roxy and Dylan in the past year.

Time was approaching quickly and I was growing more nervous by the second. I didn't want Dylan to come. I contemplated on canceling today's session but then again, I hadn't canceled a single session in a year.

I got up, pacing back and forth. I wasn't a nail biter, but for things that made me this nervous, I never had nails by the time I got through it.

The door bell rang and I looked to Harry who looked at me.