25

Three years later

You know that phrase, you never know what you've got until it's all gone? Well in my case, it was more like I didn't know what I had until I almost lost it.

I was talking about my life. Not only my own, but Harry's and my mom's as well.

Having survived such a crazy event made me realize how important my life was to me. I no longer wanted to waste my life doing nothing. Which was my motivation to get up and do something.

I went back to school and got a degree in business. With Harry's help, he insisted, I was able to open up my own coffee shop near the Chinese theater in Hollywood. With the beautiful and giant neon lights shining Coffee Tasters.

It was honestly crazy. I was getting tourists coming to my shop to taste the flavors that I turned into coffee. My coffee ranged from the sweetest of fruits to the saltiest of vegetables. I even had coffee like donut flavor, oreo flavor, and even a tomato flavor upon a customers request.

After a year of being opened up, celebrities began filing into my shop. Just like the coffee shop I worked at before, I took pictures with them all and I was able to fill the whole inside of my shop with pictures all over the walls.

This idea was a success and I couldn't have done it without Harry.

I began to run into a lot of money. Much more than what was necessary. I moved my mother and I out to West Hollywood, a place closer to Harry. He invited my mother and I to live with him, but I mentioned to him that he wouldn't be able to handle two women. All he did was laugh.

The money that was just sitting in my bank account began to grow as a donation for the Hope for Depression Research Foundation and the Make-A-Wish Foundation. The amount of money that I donated to each foundation stood as anonymous until people found out who actually donated. That caused a large flow of customers from the foundations to come and thank me for the donation. It was nothing really though. I donated to the depression foundation because that was something that my mother was still fighting with. Although she was much better, she claimed it was her duty to serve as a nurse in the research department. As for the Make-A-Wish, well I always wanted to volunteer for the foundation but never found the time.

Harry grew into a successful solo artist. He told me everything from his One Direction years, to the hiatus, to them wanting to form the band again. He was indecisive and I tried to help with advice the best that I could. In the end, I knew he would make the right decision.

So he reunited with his old band mates and they did a tour, which I was invited to tag along by not only Harry and his friends, but also their management team. They said it would give them great publicity with the fact that I owned the most famous coffee shop in the United States. I rolled my eyes, but had no problem joining them.

I visited so many places and seen so many things I thought I would never see. From the Statue Of Liberty in New York, to the Trevi Fountain in Rome. It was such an amazing experience. Not only did I travel with my favorite man, but I also grew to love the other three men. They were so kind and loving and considered me part of the "band" even though I had no talent in the singing department.

In my time in New York, I met up with Bonnie and we had such a blast. I got her backstage passes to the One Direction concert and we were both backstage, supporting the four men that seemed to have ruled the earth.

She told me about how her columns in the newspaper started off on the back page and inched its way to the front cover story. She was a very successful writer and I was so proud of her. Literally everywhere we walked, someone was smiling at her or saying hi to her. She practically new the whole state. It was nice to know that Bonnie had her own set of fans. Speaking of fans...

While on tour with the boys, I met so many great fans of One Direction. I was asked things like "What's it like to be considered as part of One Direction by the boys themselves and by the fans?"

Honestly, it made me happy. My heart fluttered with happiness every time fans came up to me and asked me for pictures with them. I never felt like a celebrity and I haven't done anything special to get the title. It was just a different world to live in when people came up to you, happy to see you, even though you had no idea who they were. It was spending time with the fans who wanted to talk and getting to know them as people that really made my whole time traveling worthwhile.

And I couldn't have done any of that without my Harry.

My mother the research scientist. My Harry, the successful man in a band, and me, the one that owned what was once a simple coffee shop.

In the end, it honestly seemed like my life did a completely 360° and turned out to be much better than I assumed.

The three of us don't talk about the incident though and I do think it's something to talk about once in a while. My mother had to live with permanent scars across her face. I had to live with a slight limp in my walk. Harry had to live with a scar on his chest where his heart is.

The whole incident was posted all over the news but we ignored it like if we weren't ever part of it. They said the body was found in a pool of blood and they found Amanda downstairs in the basement. What surprised me the most and scared me, was the fact that the investigators found several dead female bodies stashed in the corner of his basement.

Apparently these women had gone missing within a two year period.

Just to think, my mother, Amanda, Harry and I could've been part of the stashed bodies.

It was a little rough to live afterwards though. We were all paranoid and that was okay, my therapist told me. She said it was okay and that I should find things that make me happy. And I did.

It was tough to control my mother. The medicine she was taking had taken months before her system was clean and had no trace of Lexapro. When she was finally clean, her hallucinations finally ceased and because of that, her depression was lessened.

She seemed happy and that's what made me happy.

We were all happy, and that's something worth living for.