24

He angrily approached me and I tried to grab my phone before he did, but he was too quick. He pressed several buttons on my phone and then glared at me.

"9-1-1 huh?" He said and looked back at my phone. With an evil grin, he threw my phone aggressively to the floor and began to stomp on it. I jumped at the loud noise and the sudden outburst.

"Guess who's going to be the first one to get hurt? It's going to be your mom. You want to call the cops and disobey me? That's fine. But she will be dead by the time they get here."

With that, he grabbed my mother by her arms, making her squirm in his grip.

I screamed at him, not being able to form any coherent words. My mother shrieked, trying to fight him the best that she could while being restrained. Tears began running down my face and I suddenly didn't feel any pain as I tried my best to get out of the duct tape, even if it was digging into my skin.

Dylan sat my mother down on the chair and used a rope that was on his desk to tie her arms to the arm rest and her legs to the chair. From his back pocket, he retrieved a switchblade. He twisted it in his hands, erecting the sharp blade from the handle.

I screamed louder, hoping he would stop and take me instead.

My uncontrollable hot tears streamed down my face as Dylan brought his blade close to my mother's neck. She tried to move away, but he only grabbed her by the hair to keep her still.

He looked at me with hate and insanity in his eyes and brought the blade along my mother's skin. In one swift movement, he moved the blade towards himself, drawing blood from her neck. She screamed and cried, her face red and sweaty.

"Schtop!" I tried to yell. But it only made Dylan laugh and bring the blade to my mother's arm. Again, he jerked his hand towards him and sliced her arm, making my mother scream in agony.

I cried out to Dylan as he continued to slice and cut at my mother's body. My screaming finally subsided as I realized that I couldn't do anything. My sobbing turned quiet and with each scream that my mother howled, the more my heart broke and the more I blamed myself for everything.

::

After an hour of hearing my mother cry in pain, she finally knocked out unconscious and he eventually stopped messing with her. Dylan untied an immobile Olivia and threw her to the ground as if she was trash. He left the room, and I scooted over to her quickly, hoping she was still alive. With all the open wounds and slices covering her face and body, she no longer looked like my mother.

Once I seen her breathing, I began to cry, knowing that she had to go through such pain because of me when all I was trying to do was save us.

I heard loud footsteps stomping in the hallway and Dylan poked his head back inside his office.

"Guess who just got here? My British guest that I've been waiting for," he said laughing and closing the door.

I widened my eyes in fear. I had to get out of here before Harry gets hurt.

I moved my way towards the chair that Dylan put my mother on. It was covered in her blood but ignored it as I placed my head on the seat. With all my strength, I placed my feet flat on the floor and lifted my body, using my neck muscles to bend my body. Using my legs, I picked the rest of my body up, finally standing up.

I looked around, hoping to find Dylan's gun or possibly his knife. I hopped over to his book shelf and his cabinet with the glass door, looking on top of books and trying to see in between for anything that was sharp.

The slamming of the office door opening frightened me and made me fall back down to the floor. My eyes widened, seeing those green eyes and light brown hair at that very moment felt like it was the first time I've ever seen an angel.