Chapter 1 ~New Kid~

Hi, i'm Brooklyn and I know you probably don't care about this but I thought I should introduce myself and maybe say some things about me.
So, my full name is Brooklyn Rae Smithson but people call me Brooke, I am 17 years old and a senior in high school. I have one younger sister named Sarah, she is 13 years old. My dads name is Rob Smithson and my mom... well my moms name is Lily Smithson but she passed away in a car accident about a year ago. It was just me and my mom in the car when a car hit us. The doctors say I was lucky to be alive, but am I really lucky? I mean I lost my mom.
It's been pretty rough around the house. My dad is having a hard time and won't talk to us. It's like he isn't living in the house because if he goes to work, he leaves and when he comes back he goes straight to his room and doesn't come out. It's just really hard because it's just me and my sister. It's been a year and I'm hoping that he's gonna get better. He has to get better, right?

______________________

I woke up to my sister rolling over on my bed. She slept with my last night, she usually does because dad kind of scares her and I calm her down. I check the time and it says 7:10 am. School starts at 8 so I should probably wake Lily up to leave for school. Today is Monday... my least favorite day of the week. After I get done getting ready I go downstairs to make breakfast for Lily and I because my dad already left.
After me and Sarah are done eating I drive her to school. I got to school at 7:50 so I still have 10 minutes to find my friends.
I find my friends and they all greet me.

Meet my friends: Gracie Yu, she is my best friend. We've been friends since 1st grade when I moved here. She is super pretty, probably the prettiest one of our friends. Then there's Hannah. Hannah is pretty funny but she can get annoying sometimes but we love her. Hannah and I have known each other since freshman year. She was new here and I was the first one to actually be nice to her apparently. I don't know why because she's super nice.

_________________________

"So did you guys hear?" Hannah asked.

"Hear what?" Gracie and I say at the same time laughing.

"Apparently we're getting two new students today and I heard that they are hella hot." Me and Gracie look at each other laughing. Hannah looked at us with a confused look. "Um anyways so tell me if you see any new faces today." Hannah said and we nodded our heads.

The bell rang so we all parted our ways to go to our classes. My first class is Government. My 'favorite' class. I sat down in my sit and got on my phone until the 2nd bell rang. When it rang I set my phone down and looked at the front of the room to see a new face. He had brown hair and really pretty eyes. He was really cute to be honest. He is probably one of the guys Hannah was talking about. "Everyone this is Colby Brock and he is going to be joining our class. Please welcome him and be nice. I know how you brats are." The teacher said laughing. "Um you can take a seat next to Brooklyn over there." She said and pointed. Great....

"Hey i'm Brooklyn but you can call me Brook." I said.

"Hey i'm Colby. Nice to meet you Brook." He said back. I turned to the front of the room and took notes.

At the end of class I start packing up my things. "Hey Brooklyn, I think you're the one who's suppose to give me a tour so I can find my way around better." He said.

"Oh my gosh. I totally forgot I was showing someone around the school." I said laughing. "Well let's go, I have a lot to show you."

The bell rings and it's just me and Colby in the halls talking. I was showing him around the school to his classes and some other stuff. I was going really slow because I didn't want to go to math. But to be honest maybe I was going slow partly because I wanna know him better. He seems really nice.

"So where'd you move here from?" I asked.

"Kansas. I miss it already and it's been a week." He replied.

"Why'd you decide to come to Cali? I mean I know it's beautiful and everything but still."

"Well Sam and I are friends with a bunch of guys from here and we just wanted to move here for our senior year so we get use to it."

"Who's Sam?" I asked looking at him.

"My friend but he is basically a brother. He goes to this school now too. You'll probably run into him later."

"Well sadly that's the end of the tour." I said leaning against a locker.

"Bummer."

"I know, my tours are pretty awesome because i'm cool." I said and he just looks at me and laughs.

The bell rings and I walk him to his next class so he doesn't get lost.

~ Hey guys! I'm back. Sorry if this chapter wasn't very good. I'm a bit rusty but please let me know how it was. Thank you for everything! Love you byeeee. ~