Chapter 21 ~Prom Ready~

•Brooklyn's POV•
Colby's been gone for a month now and we've FaceTimed or called each other almost every night until last week. He stopped answering my calls and barely replies to my texts.

Prom is next Saturday and Colby hasn't let me know anything about it, so I have no idea if he'll actually be going. He probably can't which upsets me a little but if he's happy then I'm happy.

It's Monday morning and it's been different without Sam and Colby at school. Just a little bit lonely. Specially since I hung out with Colby all day, now I only have Gracie and Hannah and I only have one class with both of them in it. So I get to see them during lunch and Math, our favorite class...

The police has gotten more evidence about Jakob and it turns out he has done this to multiple girls at our school who were just embarrassed to say it. Now that we know we all have something in common, we're all starting to be friends.
So Jakob is going to jail for a while now. He's super rich so he probably won't be in there for as long as he should but it's whatever I guess. I just don't want to see his face again. He won't be returning back to this school, but even if he was the year is almost over so that doesn't matter.

I get to school and find Hannah and Gracie. I go up to them as usual and something seems off.
"Hey, what's up? Why does it feel weird in here?" I ask.
"I don't know, Hannah and I were just talking about it." Gracie said.
"It's kind of freaking me out." Hannah said. "Maybe it's because of prom tickets?"
"I mean that makes sense I guess." Gracie said looking at us.
"Yeah, that's probably what it is." I said.

"So um Brook. Hannah and I have dates to prom already and we were wondering if we were gonna see you there?" Gracie asked.
"I don't know honestly. I have nobody to go with since Colby is I don't even know where."
"Wait what? You don't know where he is?" Hannah asked.
"Nope, he hasn't been answering me for the past week."
"Maybe he's going to surprise you?" Hannah said and Gracie gave her a weird look.
"I don't know, but I'm gonna head to class." I said.
"Alright peace out bitches." Hannah said and we took our separate ways to class.

It's now the end of the day and I go to get in my car and see 2 prom tickets in there. I'm so confused because 1. I didn't buy them and 2. Those tickets are hella expensive so I don't know why someone would by them for me.
I decide to put them somewhere in my car and go home. I call Gracie and Hannah to see if it was them and it wasn't so I was even more confused.
I tried calling Colby to see if maybe he did it somehow, but he didn't answer. Ugh.....

•Two days until Prom•

I try calling Colby before I go to get my nails done because Hannah convinced me to go to prom so we are getting our nails done. Colby finally answers so I walk away from everyone.

"Hey," He said.
"Dude what the fuck? You've blown me off for almost two weeks now."
"I know, I'm sorry. I've been busy."
"Oh so busy that you have time to post Instagram pics and post on twitter but you couldn't send a text. Makes sense."
"I'm sorry baby."
"I was getting worried. It would mean a lot if you at least told me you were busy."
It went quiet for a minute.

"Colby?" I said. He didn't answer. "Colby."
"Um... I wasn't busy."
"Excuse me?" I said. "What did you just say?"
"I wasn't busy. I might have been ignoring you."
"I fucking knew it, oh my gosh. Well I guess there's my answer."
"What? What answer?"
"I was gonna ask you to prom so I would know if you would make it in time but you know what? I don't want to go to prom with you and apparently you don't either if you decide to ignore me for two fucking weeks."
"No Brooklyn, I want-" I cut him off by hanging up.

I walk back in and Hannah looks at me. I shake my head and she hugs me.
"Who needs guys anyway." Hannah said with a smile, but it didn't make me smile.
The whole way home I could only thing about what he was doing that would make him want to ignore me.

The next day at school, Friday aka my favorite day. I went to my locker and a guy was standing next to me. I look over and saw it was Shawn Duncan.
Shawn is pretty hot. He's in my grade and he's rated one of the hottest guys in the school. He's super nice and smart too.

"So did you get my prom invite?" He asked.
I look over at him. "You were the one who put them in my car?" I asked smiling.
"Um yeah. Being honest I was kinda a wimp and too scared to go up and ask. I figured I needed to now." He said scratching the back of his neck.
"Well." I said. I started to think about Colby. "Yes, I'll go with you."
"Really? Sweet, I'll pick you up at 6 so we can eat?" He asked.
"Yeah sounds good. I'll send you my address." I said smiling.
"Perfect." He said and started walking away. I turned to look at him and he was doing a happy dance. I just start laughing.

I tell Gracie and Hannah about Shawn asking me and they got super happy.
"You guys would be cute!" Hannah said happily.
"Hann, she's with Colby." Gracie said.
"Right." She said and started eating.

That night we went to get our dresses picked up and stayed at Hannah's House. Prom is gonna be lit.

•Thanks for reading this chapter! Sorry if it was a shitty chapter lol it's 1:00am so I'm trying.•