Chapter 18 ~Brooklyn~

•Brooklyn's POV•
It's now Sunday and I haven't really left my room. I only leave my room to go eat so my dad doesn't get suspicious. Other than that I lay down in my bed, staring at the wall. My friends have texted and called me but I just tell them I don't feel good and might be coming down with something. Which most of them don't believe since I don't get sick.

Call from: Colbs
"Hello." I said trying to make it sound like I wasn't crying.

"Hey. Why haven't you been talking to me for the past two days? Your worrying me."

"I um, I just don't feel good." I said.

"Want me to come over to take care of you?"

"No, I kind of want to be alone. Plus I don't want to get you sick." I said doing my fake laugh.

"Okay. I love you. Just keep in touch with me."

"Ok I will. I love you, bye." I hang up.

~The next day~

My dad wouldn't let me skip school since I don't have a fever so I got ready and went to school. I go to my locker like usual and just head to my first class trying to avoid everyone.
When the bell rang Colby came and sat next to me like usual.
We had a sub so we just got to talk quietly.

"Hey, how've you been?" He asked.
"Fine, my dad wouldn't let me skip since I don't have a fever."
"Oh sorry babe." He said holding my hand.
"It's ok." I said looking down. I couldn't look him in the eyes without bursting into tears.
"What's wrong?"
"What? Nothing. I'm perfectly fine."
"No you're not." He said moving my head to face him. "If you're perfectly fine, look me in the eyes and say it."
I look him in the eyes and say, "I'm perfectly fine." I almost started crying. It was so hard not to.
I go up to the teacher and ask to use to restroom.

I go into the bathroom and go into a stall and cry. Quietly. I hear someone come in so I try to stop but I couldn't.
"Brook?" I hear someone say.
"Yeah?"
"It's Anna, I have history with you. You ok?" She asked.
"Yeah, I'm fine. Just stuff with my mom."
"Oh okay. If you ever wanna talk about her, I'm here." She said. Anna is probably one of the nicest girls in school. Not very many people like her though because she's too nice.
"Thank you Anna, that means a lot."
"Anytime."

I go back to the classroom so it wouldn't seem like I was in there for very long. I sit back down and get out my history book.
"History?" Colby asked.
"Yeah, I forgot I had a test today. I ran into Anna and she reminded me." I said turning to the page.
"Want me to help?"
"No it's fine." I said. I wasn't reading, I was thinking about what I should do.

It was now lunch and everyone was talking and laughing and I kinda sat there quietly. I knew they wanted to ask me what was wrong by the look on their face but they all kept quite.

It was now the end of the day and I went home and went straight to my room. My sister came in there a little after.
"Dude what the fuck? You forgot to pick me up, again. So I had to ride the bus." She said. She walked up to me.
"Oh shit, are you okay?" She asked sitting down next to me.
I shook my head. "If I tell you something, you can't tell anybody. If you tell someone I will never trust you again." I said crying.
"What's up?" She said rubbing my back.
"You know how I went to Jakob's party?" I asked and she nodded. "Well he drugged me and um raped me." I said crying into her shoulder. I was crying really loudly, I knew nobody was home.

"Brook, you need to tell somebody. This is serious." She said.
"I can't. It's too embarrassing." I said looking up at her.
"Am I the only person who knows?"
"Yes."
"Not even Colby knows?"
"No, because if he finds out, I know he'll kill him." I said rubbing my eyes.
"I'll keep my mouth shut until your ready for someone to know."
"Thank you." I whisper. She ends up helping me go to sleep.

•Hey guys, end of this chapter. I know this was kind of a shitty chapter and sorry for that. I'll try to get them better!•